Hi all
First of, apologies for the crossover into Trek but I have struggled with a name for days.

Well, I'm a new member and look forward to meeting people from the 501.

I was at Comic Con in Brisbane this past weekend and was captivated by the costumes and the great work the 501 and other Star Wars organisations do for charities.

I am without a costume, any suggestions ??? Sandtrooper is what I'm keen on.

ANOVOS had a prototype on display at a convention in the USA, very nice but not yet for sale.

Oh, I'm on the Gold Coast to.

Cheers
Welcome.... Ewwww trek name Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Wolf
Welcome to the Redbacks. I think the guys & gals are still busy with the con but will be along to say hi soon. They are a great bunch with a wealth of knoweldge & are all willing to pass that on. I have only recently joined & still researching armour, they won't steer you wrong.

Worf sorry auto correct
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Cheers Firestorm
Welcome to the Redback Forums!

We have a number of Australia's best Sandtroopers right here in Queensland, so you are sure to get the best possible advice you can to get you started on your way to a life of service to the Empire!
Welcome Worf! No need for apologies, you'll find there are many closet Trekkies here amongst the Redbacks... Cutter, Draco and Cobra to name a few. You'll also find there's plenty of help available to get you going in the right direction, costume-wise.

Cheers!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Oh no, Buzzard has just come out of the closet, and outed a few others as well... Yahoo

Welcome Worf. I have read a little about those ANVOS costumes. They look like they are going to be like many of the other licensed costumes before them, nice, but expensive, and not necessarily approvable out of the box.

I'm sure you could build a kit much cheaper than what they will be selling for, and save yourself some dollars.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hi and welcome..ask lots of questions ..lots of good advice and the gold coast has the Longfin squad..great bunch..get to know them.
bIQapjaj (Klingon for may you succeed)
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome Worf Smile A TD is a great choice and perfect for the Gold Coast !
Sandtrooper (TD) is a good choice! Doppeldaumen1

[Image: 10577119_10152701663196514_8297483642406726806_n.jpg]
Move along...
Welcome Worf, let the fun begin.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Sunday 7-Sep-2014, 10:36 PM)Buzzard Wrote:  Welcome Worf! No need for apologies, you'll find there are many closet Trekkies here amongst the Redbacks... Cutter, Draco and Cobra to name a few. You'll also find there's plenty of help available to get you going in the right direction, costume-wise.

Cheers!

darn those Trekkies Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Prepared, I gota get me one of those blasters

Where do I begin???
(Monday 8-Sep-2014, 01:18 PM)Worf Wrote:  Prepared, I gota get me one of those blasters

Where do I begin???

The bigger one (with strap) is the T-21 Blaster and the smaller is the DLT-19.. both (and a couple more) are used by Sandtroopers. If you go down that path, then check out http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=3 for a breakdown of the different types of Sandtroopers and http://www.mepd.net/crl/ for the requirements for TD's .
Move along...
The DLT 19 is also used by TKs, as in TK421, that inspected the Millennium Falcon on the Death Star.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII