Starting my first build.
Build Thread 
Have ordered a full set of AP armour this is my first time building should be fun. Has anyone built ap armour before I'll need tips ..
I've also decided to go for the AP armour (just working on the financial side of it at the moment, so ordering is a little way off!) and I would also appreciate advice on an AP build. My concerns are straps etc - everything to do with the 'internal structure' of the armour. I've researched and found a number of methods but I think I am a little nervous about stuffing my armour up once I start to build. I'm going to work on obtaining a few items until I am ready to order my armour kit (Trooperbay, here I come!) but I know that at some future point I'll have my armour and I will have to make a start on it...which is nerve wracking. Perhaps when it comes to my armour build I can enlist the help of a veteran Redback to come and visit and 'look over my shoulder', guide me as required. Kind of a Luke / Yoda thing...don't even know if such a thing is possible. I'm a nervous newbie and I'm not afraid to admit it.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hi Oberon and Hannibal, AP is a great set of armour, I am over the moon with mine and more than happy to help where I can.
Did you know that Mark from AP takes payements on his armour, so you can pay a deposit then make further payments until it's payed off. He will then send when it is ready.
I have a basic build thread both here on the Redbacks and also posted on FISD but can help with the finer details if need be.

MammaSith here in the redbakcs, is your go to for gun holster, neck seal and canvas belt.
TK Boots for well, your boots of coarse.
I did a Doopy Doos full resin build E11 blaster while I organised my finances and waited for my armour..build thread also here on Redbacks .

Guys PM me if you want to call me and have a chat about builds and I will give you my contact number.
We are all here to help.

You guys got some exciting times ahead.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Cheers Sly, I appreciate the offer of help. I'll PM you. I reckon just seeing someone's completed armour and how it 'works' would calm my nerves. I'll contact MammaSith too, thanks for that info.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Thanks Sly, I'll pm you thanks for the info I'll need to get a blaster and neck seal.
Hi all I need to find a E-11 blaster for my stromtrooper armour any ideas ..
Speak with Crypto, i just got my E-11 blaster from him on the weekend great work.
TK 19749
Here is my build thread guys, have a look and if you have questions ask away.

http://501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=8940

Happy birthday, Hannibal! :P
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Got my armour in a big box today .
Now comes the hard part the build don't know where to start.
(Thursday 6-Nov-2014, 05:36 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  Got my armour in a big box today .
Now comes the hard part the build don't know where to start.

How excitement!!

Don't worry, its only the very first cut that is scary Aaaah
and make sure to post lots of pics of your progress
Move along...
And the last one....and all the ones in between Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
(Thursday 6-Nov-2014, 07:32 PM)Duras Wrote:  And the last one....and all the ones in between Wink

And the ah, "hairspray and grout" will hide the mistakes *cough*...
Move along...
Good to hear your big brown box has turned up.
Did you get a trimmed or untrimmed kit?

Now the fun begins have fun
TK 19749

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting first costume Flashheart 7 11,880 Tuesday 11-Nov-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect