Let the build begin
Build Thread 
Just ordered and paid for my Am 2.0 full armor kit from troopgear@hotmial.com, can't wait to receive it and start the build for my TK hero costume. Let the fun begin

that should have be troopergear@gmail.com, my bad
TK 19749
Exciting times ahead indeed.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hey mate I am doing a AM at the moment, let me know when your kit arrives.
Petros thanks buddy will need all the help I can get

How long did it take for you to get your kit
TK 19749
Just received an email from troopergear and TK armor am 2.0 will be shipped out in about 3 weeks can't wait to receive it
TK 19749
... and that is when the real fun begins.
Just remember plenty of people on here, who will be willing to give you a hand or advice with your build too... you just have to ask.
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Thanks Cre8tiv,

Yah I will be asking for as much help as people will give
TK 19749
Looking forward to the build thread mate Smile
It was good too meet you at bris bricks , I'm sure you will have plenty of us to help and offer advice when your kit arrives , start reading up on the garrison build threads and preparing the appropriate hardware so when it arrives its straight into action .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Cool cyclops, that sounds like great advice will do and yah will be asking for your help with the armor and that other project we were talking about am very interested in doing it.

Cyclops, what sort of things should I buy first, I know clamps and clear plumbers glue any things else and magnets.
TK 19749
Personally I would use CA glue ( zap a gap ) with the zip kicker , you will need nylon webbing and good quality snap fasteners , read through Bid's build thread , he did a comprehensive tutorial on setting up the nylon snap plates , I would get on to aussiemagnets.com.au and get some rare earth magnet to use in conjunction with clamps , also colour contrast masking tape in blue or green to use when assembling and as a guide for fit and trimming . Any info I can help with just shoot me a pm .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Agree with Cyclops, CA glue is what I used, it is fast but can also be unforgiving, so just make sure things are lined up where you want them before putting them together. The zip kicker set the CA glue in mere seconds and you can move straight onto the next part.

How was your first official wrangle, I think you did well mate.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thanks cyclops and sly
TK 19749
        Just bought these boots from Big W are they ok to use for TK armor once painted of course

Other pic

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

TK 19749
Are they leather ? If so you will need the aerosol grease and wax remover before you paint them , they look fine but can't have any visible tread pattern on the soles .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newby, ready to begin the sandtrooper project... 955dino 23 42,478 Saturday 8-Jan-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: muppet