Back on track with Boba
Well, after a couple of rough months personally I seem to finally be getting back on track with my costume build. I had a bit of a personal setback at the beginning of October and after that the last thing I was thinking about was my stormtrooper build. With things finally looking more positive personally, I recently started to look again at my costume. My son asked me (actually, he begged) if I would reconsider my stormtrooper build and look at doing his favourite character Boba Fett, an idea I was originally considering in the post-Oz Comic Con glow. My son is definitely a Fettboy - he has Jeremy Bulloch's autograph proudly framed in his bedroom, sitting alongside the autographs of three of the Doctors from Doctor Who. Although I had so much research already done on a stormtrooper build (as a folder bursting with printed material from the FISD forum will attest), after the dramas of the last couple of months I have to admit I liked the symbolic idea of starting afresh. So, despite the possible insanity of it, I agreed to his request (‘As you wish’) and I am embarking on a ROTJ Boba build, with my son at my side as my assistant. His enthusiasm is contagious and as a result I’m feeling positive about the challenges this build will involve. I predict many future hours spent over on The Dented Helmet...Smile
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Welcome back on track Oberon, I think it's awesome that you can do this with your son. I look forward to seeing your build thread once you are up and running.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Cheers Sly, good to be back mate. Boba seems to be a detailed build but one that you can slowly, piece by piece, bring together. A girth belt here, toe spikes there...I can't wait to see my son's smile when it is finished. Doppeldaumen1
Hey mate, welcome back. It's Supanova this weekend and what better way to get inspired,than to pop in and say g'day to us... Oh and Daniel Logan is there too
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Cheers man. Yeah Supernova was on my radar but just had too many other things going on with the kids this weekend. Would also have liked to have met Neve McIntosh. And Grant Imahara because I'm a science geek! But I'll definitely manage to get to an event in the future where I can introduce myself in person to you guys.