Interested in becoming a new recruit
Hi All,

My self and two of my friends are interested in becoming members.
Currently what we lack in costumes we make up for with our love of Star Wars and our desire to also become more involved contributing to childrens charitys.
We were hoping we would be allowed to assist in any capacity we can (most likely wranglers) while we build our costumes. We would also love the opportunity to attend an armour party to meet a few people and pick their brains in how to best build our costumes.
Any help or advise would be great,

Thanks
Welcome Ky, wrangling is a great way to start with the redbacks, there are plenty of ideas about costumes on here, just take your time and research which one you might like. Remember to ask lots of question there are plenty of people on here that can help you.
TK 19749
Hey Ky,

I'll get the silly question out of the way and just confirm your in QLD... 501st clubs are region based and the Redbacks cover QLD but cause of the web address we sometimes get cadets from the rest of Aus as well.

Wranglers are always loved and appreciated but just be aware some events (e.g. the hospital troops) have to do done by full members with blue cards

Armour Party is the best way to get a close up look and pick brains and there is one coming up at the end of Jan.

Do you and your buds have an idea of a particular costume you want to do yet? as then we can also direct you to the forums for that detachment. You can find options at http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL which breaks down the costumes that can be approved and what's required of them to be approved
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome hope you and your friends are from the sunny coast could always use more troopers up here
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Honor loyalty courage sacrifice
ADF / QFRES / 501ST / LIFE
Hey everybody.
Im shake. 2014 has been the yr of costumes.
And i think my next step may involve the redback garrison.
Im keen to have a darth vader cosplay made. And partake
in social and charity events.

Im 6"2'. Athletic build. I think i would be an excellent darth vader
Just looking for someone to build the suit.
Looking forward to meeting you all soon

shake
Thanks guys,
Yea we are Brisbane based (Browns Plains and Springwood).
We are leaning towards the Bounty Hunter builds, most likely Mandolin.
Hi Ky & Shake.

Welcome to the Redback forums.

As Duras has pointed out read through the Costume Reference Library to find out what is involved in the costume and the requirements for it to be accepted into the 501st. Most of us build our costumes ourselves, that's part of the fun of this hobby.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

Also have a read over these couple of threads:
Membership - http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
Wrangling - http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6990
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Or Mandolorian even lol
A question for wrangling.
I have had a look on the qld govt blue card site and for a volunteer option it says that the organization must fill in part of the form. Common sense says that you would not fill these out for everyone on a whim so is there a process where we could meet some one and get the ball rolling?
Hi Ky
Once you are an approved member, the Garrison can organise the Blue card side of things with paperwork.
What I mean by approved is your costume is complete, has been reviewed by our costuming panel, and you have your official member ID number.

So get crackin on your research, and a building your costume.

Oh and Welcome to the Redbacks forums.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interested in becoming a Trooper Bekka22 15 17,571 Monday 19-Jan-2015, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Dw