Interested in becoming a Trooper
Is there anyone in Townsville who can help a newbie throughthe process of joining the 501st? The armour process is bewildering.

Thanks Smile
Welcome to the Redback Forums!

We have a few troopers in the Townsville area, so I'm sure they'll drop into this thread and say hi soon!

Do you have an idea of which costume you want to make?
I'm currently looking to make a ANH Stormtrooper
Welcome!

You seek Seantrooper...
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome to the forums, good costume to start with I say....little bit biased, just a little.
Enjoy the journey, you are in for some fun.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Have a read of this thread hopefully it will explain the membership requirements. Also have a read of all the associated links.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Go to FISD for all things stormtrooper
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Get acquainted with the Costume Reference Library (CRL) for stormtroopers
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

If in doubt just ask loads of questions.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forum! I know that sense of bewilderment very well but there's tonnes of help and advice available from the experts here. Take it from a fellow cadet that you are in good hands with these guys and gals. All the best!
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Thanks to those who have replied so far, I've had a look at the costuming threads and have come to the conclusion the commercial suit I was going to buy is a no go.

So my next question is where can I get a quality kit to start myself off? Is there an Australian based supplier or are suppliers based in the UK/US?
Currently, there is no Aussie supplier, Canada, UK and U.S are it unfortunately.
So where to go from here, as Phantom has mentioned, sign up over at www.whitearmor.net.
I am Sly11 on their forums. It is an amazing hub of info on Stormtroopers, and yes it going to feel a little daunting, but the community is there to help so ask as many questions as you can both here and over there.
Not all armours suit all body types, so your build can be made easier by researching a plenty .
If you are very tall, or very short mods,can be made to get most kits to fit, so I'm going to help point you towards a few makers.
What is your height and weight?

I'm about 165cm and 65kg
Ok, so your going to need one of the smaller kits, I have an AP kit, quite a few parts are cast off original parts from armor in the movie. It is about as small as they come. The original actors were between 5'7- 6' tall .Head on over to FISD and go through the getting started sections, and start asking some questions, you will find others of similar size as you will chime in with good advise.

Welcome to the Redbacks. You are in good hands here Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
did someone say Townsville??

as everyone has said, jump onto whitearmor.net and have a browse around the forums.

As for which make of armour, you should fit into any of the maker's kits. Which one will depend on budget, how accurate you want it and how long you're willing to wait.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Nice to see someone on from up here Smile reading the posts on whitearmour it seems like its going to be necessary for me to modify armour to get a set that fits, which with the expense and my lack of model making skills has me a little uneasy, it sounds like I'm in for about $1500 and months to wait, is that about right?
By the time you have everything you need, it can get up there, but I am sure the guys up there will certainly help you with your build. Many of us started out with no skills in armour assembly and mod, but the learning curve is fun, and you will surprise yourself.
It is daunting at first but worth the experience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interested in becoming a new recruit Ky 9 11,331 Saturday 27-Dec-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Sly