New recruit
Hi All;

I've just signed up to the forums. Thought it prudent to introduce myself.

Name: Phillip Price

I have recently met a member of the 501st and over the last week have been in contact with him, and my wife and I have decided we would love to try and join up with the Legion. I guess this is me being the 'Scout' for my wife before she takes the plunge.

My thought process is to aim for a Jawa outfit to first be able to become a member. Once I have an outfit and hopefully get approval, then I would really like to aim for an ESB Darth Vader outfit.

Like any new endeavour, this is my first step. Any guidance and information to help me start my journey would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Phil, welcome to the Redback forums.
Head on over and sign up on the below link to get some info on ESB Vader
http://www.501stsithlords.com/

Also check out the Costume reference library link on Jawas and sign up to the Krayt clan.
http://www.kraytclan.com/

Enjoy the journey.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi Sly;

Thank you for the links and information. Sorry for being so slow in replying and thanking. I've been reading A LOT of posts on the Krayt forums *blush*.
Getting a jawa outfit for a 6'2" 120kg person is going to take some work LOL.

Cheers
Hi and welcome to the forums..
If a Jawa isnt what you think will suit your height, try an imperial officer.., easily customised to any size and always look good ordering troopers around.Doppeldaumen1

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=7883
just like this..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
G'day Phillip, welcome to the forums. You're on the right track if you are already deep in research, always the best way to go to start with. Does your wife have a costume in mind? The latest Redback Propaganda Bureau episode on YouTube takes a look at female costumes - might be worth a look for ideas.

http://youtu.be/d_V0--ZSCLc
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Don't worry we have a few tall jawas in our ranks Smile

Looks like you have been pointed in the right directions for all your research info. I would also suggest that you have a read of this thread it will give you a good indication about how to go about membership etc.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Good luck with the costume(s) and don't forget to ask loads of questions.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Phillip,
Welcome to the Redbacks,
Good choice of costumes, there are so many to choose from but it's all good fun
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
A huge thank you to everyone for the welcomes and links to everything. I think my eyes are going to start going square if i keep reading forum posts at this rate.

I must admit, the whole costuming step is getting more and more daunting the more I read. I personally have zero knowledge about sewing and dressmaking (seamstressing?). Due to my inabilities, and my wifes work schedule (she's a Nurse and works the craziest of hours) I, unfortunately, think I am going to have to go the route of finding someone to do the work on the robes and hood for me (and my wife). My other problem is that I am unable to source the correct material, living in Bundy doesn't help that fact. I have no problem (at the moment anyway) trying to source the accessories, and I'm more than willing to try my hand at making the masks/eyes.

So I guess my first questions (hopefully not the first of too many) would have to be.... Is there anyone known to forum members who takes commissions or would be able to do the hoods and robes (for my wife and I)? If that same person had access to the required fabric as well that would be a huge help.

(Thursday 29-Jan-2015, 06:22 AM)Oberon Wrote:  G'day Phillip, welcome to the forums. You're on the right track if you are already deep in research, always the best way to go to start with. Does your wife have a costume in mind? The latest Redback Propaganda Bureau episode on YouTube takes a look at female costumes - might be worth a look for ideas.

http://youtu.be/d_V0--ZSCLc

Thank you for the link to the vid. After watching it together with my wife, she has shown interest in the Boushh outfit over any of the others. But at this point, she's just happy to be a Jawa and join this journey with me. Star Wars is 'our' joint interest. To be able to do it together, no matter what the outfit, is going to mean the world to her (and me of course).

Cheers
Welcome to the Redback forums!

We have a number of people who can source all the correct jawa costume components, as well as members both in the Garrison and around Australia who can build the costumes to fit!
Hi Phill

We can work on our costumes together Smile
(Thursday 29-Jan-2015, 06:18 PM)Ghalgor Wrote:  Hi Phill

We can work on our costumes together Smile

Heya Graham. Glad to see Darth Typhoidus stopped force choking you long enough for you to be able to sign up. LOL

I've been putting in the leg work today, both online and locally. Unfortunately, locally means bupkis. I'm going to have to annoy the good folk in the Legion, unfortunately. But not for want of trying to go it alone.

Cheers
Hi Phill, welcome to the forums.
We've been working on a run of Jawas in Rockhampton, really need to get some of them finished.....
I may have some pieces spare that we can help you out with.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Thursday 29-Jan-2015, 06:32 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Hi Phill, welcome to the forums.
We've been working on a run of Jawas in Rockhampton, really need to get some of them finished.....
I may have some pieces spare that we can help you out with.

Hi Angelman;

That would be greatly appreciated indeed. If I can source/commission someone to sew the robes and hoods for my wife and I, and I am able to successfully build the eyes/masks, I guess that would really only leave me Bandoliers, gloves, and boots to source. Boots, I would expect I could get some fabric from whoever I get to seamstress the costumes, that way I could cover boots with the same sort of fabric. The gloves, I expect wouldn't be hard to source and modify with faux fur. The Bandoliers I would have to source from somewhere. Oh and the undergarments (brown jump suits?).

I believe I have a good idea on how to make Ion Blasters as well. But that will have to be seen, of course.

Any further ideas/help/assistance would be greatly appreciated however. Thankyou.
(Thursday 29-Jan-2015, 07:05 PM)Viper Scout Wrote:  Guys... I can definitely help you both out with putting the bits together.

I'm guessing from the Profile Pic, this is our friendly 501st member from this past week? LOL

Send me a message on FB once you have accepted the friend request, when you get a chance. Mrs. DF and I are eager to get seriously started on stuff (as you can see from my above posts) Wink .

Cheers