Royal Guard Force Pike Help
Interest Thread 
Seeking a bit of help putting together a force pike for a royal guard build. I am basically looking for help on what people have used for the admiter tip or the rings and spikes. I realise that the film version used a worm gear hob though I don't seam to be able to source one. Any ideas?
You can try detachment for the info, otherwise there may be a few red crayons here who can help out

http://www.forcepike.net/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey mate,

what version of royal guard were you thinking of doing, as they have different tops.

Building a force pike is easy enough, it's just the top that's different.

You can also get metal ones custom made if you want.

Whereabouts are you based as if you're from brissie we could arrange to meet up and I could show you some of mine.

Cheers
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
I am based in ipswich. I was wanting to make one of each. I have tried looking for a kit or someone who is selling metal pikes though have been unsuccessful
They're easy enough to make.

I've made 4 with fishing rods and 1 with a pool cue.

Mine have all been the ROTS style with the rings on top though.

It wouldn't be too hard to find something to make the rasp look for a ROTJ one though.

Here is my build thread when I did the pool cue one.

http://501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=7552
So you used washers for the rings?
(Monday 2-Feb-2015, 08:45 PM)natger Wrote:  So you used washers for the rings?

Yea mate,

I've still got some here as well, also I have plenty of nozzles that can be used as the tip if you want one.
thanks for the Help Red paint you have given me some Ideas. I am Working on the a ROTJ outer tunic at the moment but I may need to look at making an ROTS outer tunic with the two slits as it seems that force pike will be easer to make. I was thinking of making the ROTJ force pike Rasp out of some old Jig Saw Blades that I am going to dull down or buying a worm gear. though I was worried about the safety implications as the Gear will be heavy and the Jig saw blades could still hurt some one being Metal. I might look at using the Jig Saw blades as a Guide and remaking the jagged look out of some PVC
Hey mate, Joe gave me the "two slit advice" and i never looked back, ROTS version rules.
I am not say with sending links but the TR build for mine is on Page 9 of the Build threads.

Who is doing your robes, do you have a thread up?

Peter
Hey, I know its an old thread, but enjoyed looking at your build. Kudos. Im planning on starting my Force Pike next month....have the pool cue and a few bits from bunnings. Thanks for showing us your build ?
Hi. I made my ROTJ rasp from a plastic worm gear from a roller door. I have a build thread amongst the armour pages somewhere. I did a ROTJ Guard... For trooping I'd say go for ROTS. The dual splits make life so much easier for the other troopers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for Royal Guard info stormraven 13 21,487 Saturday 7-May-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Doc