Totally new and keen to get going
Hi all
Well I have finally taken the first step and joined the Redback Garrison. I am looking at putting together a TK Stormtrooper costume, preferably from ROTJ - as mentioned, totally new and no experience with preparing a costume so any help or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to this journey!
Welcome.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome to the family
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Welcome to the Redbacks .
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the forums! Ah, the stormtrooper - the perfect fusion of style and menace, as Empire Magazine once put it. A good first step for any costume is checking out the applicable CRL (Costume Reference Library). This link will take you to the CRLs for the various stormtrooper costumes:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

If you are doing a stormtrooper, you can't go wrong contacting MammaSith for the belt, holster and neck seal. Send her a PM and she'll help you out. One of the Redbacks who have completed a stormtrooper (or TK) will no doubt chime in to give you more detail and expert advice. All the best!
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hi Stubacca73
So. TK , very cool, I'm going to help you get another step close to living your dream. Head on over to www.whitearmor.net and sign up. This is the home of everything shiny white. It's called FISD First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, I'm Sly11 over there.
FISD is a mind blowing resource hub for everything and anything TK related for ANH, ESB and ROTJ . With currently over 2000 active members, this is were many of your questions will be answered, as to where to get armour, who the different makers are and what the requirements are to build your kit to hire levels of accuracy if you so desire.
As Oberon has stated, MammaSith is you go to for the neck seal, belt and holster.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome.

Sounds like you have been put on the right path to finding armour. I highly recommend that you sign up on the forums over on FISD to do your research http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/. There are vetted armour suppliers and I suggest that you contact them and when contacting them give them your measurements that way you can be assured on getting the right armour to fit your body type and your budget.

Also please have a read over this thread to give you an idea on how the approval process works and what you need to do for membership.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Good luck.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Stubacca , I'm a newbie to all this too , but i've found my feet pretty quickly thanks to the good people of the Redback garrison!!! listen to what they say and you will learn fast , it would seam the biggest word is RESEARCH and lots of it !!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Hi and welcome to the forum. What area are you from, chances are we have someone reasonably close..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome Smile
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
Welcome to the Redbacks,
Congrats on starting your journey, lots of fun
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Welcome aboard mate. Doppeldaumen1
Welcome to the Redbacks, Stu!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New and keen Clone Trooper Elect JezBravo 2 1,106 Wednesday 16-Jun-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112
  Hyped!, Excited, Keen. Hydro 3 6,149 Thursday 7-May-2015, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Dw
  Totally new dwood180 11 13,959 Friday 17-May-2013, 11:33 PM
Last Post: cobra