Red Cross Trivia Night
Troop Report 
Date: 25/06/2010

Venue: Red Cross HQ – Kelvin Grove

Time: Arrival time – 1630 hrs, Start time – 1730hrs.

Mission: To maintain order and security for the Red Cross Trivia night and prevent cheating by any of the participants.

Trooper Attendance:
Kev – SL
TheWolf – TK
Hopfot - TX

Guest Trooper Attendance: Nil.

Support Crew: Nil. The troopers in attendance saw that Vader was properly taken care of.

Detail: Upon my arrival at 1630 hrs sharp, I spotted Hoppy already waiting in the car park. Shortly thereafter Lord Kev came down in the lift, and directed us to our assigned sparking spaces for the assault shuttles. Once this was sorted, we unloaded our equipment and made our way upstairs to our change room, which was more than sizable enough for three troopers.

As we were not due out until 1730 hrs, we took our time getting ready, and chatted about current events, how everyone has been, and the Emperorâ€s plans for a new death star. Once suited up, Hoppy and myself led Vader out to surprise the participants of the trivia night, and to instil a sense of fair play, and honesty in them, on the pain of death. Sure enough, just as the night started, a participant was found to be using his mobile communications device to cheat, and was quickly dispatched by Lord Vader, who force choked the unfortunate employee too death. Apology accepted.
Hoppy and myself were then tasked to drag the body away and dispose of it. This of course set a sterling example for the rest of the participants and no further trouble ensued.

As Lord Vader retired for a break, Hoppy and myself patrolled the tables, maintaining order and keeping an eye on the populace. No one dared step out of line all night.

After round two, we all came out for a bit of PR, Empire style, and allowed the participants to have their photos taken with us. That made for many a happy citizen.

PR work done, we all retired to our change room, where we de-suited in preparation for the jump back home. We took our time once again, and departed the premises shortly before 1900 hrs. All in all a very relaxed and enjoyable troop.

Extra Note: At the end of the night, Hoppy and I had Rock, Paper Scissors fight to see who would write the troop report. I won the first round, at which point Hoppy pulled out his secret weapon for the second round, a pair on “Atomic Scissors”. Apparently these are a pair of three bladed scissors, that cut through Rock, Paper or Scissors, and you automatically win. After 15 mins of explaining the rules of the game to Hoppy we re-started, and after three rounds I lost anyhow. Just goes to show, the Emperor loves fools and Hoppys.

Injuries: None reported.

Malfunctions:
None Reported.

Public Incidents: None Reported.

Mission Status: Success – No citizen on that planet will ever chance cheating at a trivia night again, after the example set by Lord Vader in this case. All citizens were delighted at our attendance, and happy they could grab some photos with us, except the dead person of course.

Photos: None taken by us.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
well done guys
*lol* awesome troop report...

Cant believe someone tried to cheat though O.o
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
(Saturday 26-Jun-2010, 10:28 AM)Tirilia Wrote:  *lol* awesome troop report...

Cant believe someone tried to cheat though O.o

Seriously, I thought the Atomic Scissors would work.Eyebrows

What do you mean no photos taken by us?
[Image: 20100625.jpg]
Message from Melissa at the Red Cross:

What a sensational night Friday night was. You have no idea how superb it was to have Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers visiting our event! Star Wars had such an impact on me when it came out all those years ago and to have the characters in the flesh so to speak, was beyond description. I haven't stopped smiling since Friday!

More importantly, people were already looking forward to the event but your presence just put the icing on the cake and got everyone in such a great mood the trivia night was a huge success.

Thank you so much Kevin and please pass on my gratitude to the other troopers. Star Wars coming to my office has been the highlight of my year Smile

kind regards

Melissa Burrows
nice work guys.
Economical Assault Trooper
wow seems like you guys were a hit! awesome!
(Monday 28-Jun-2010, 01:40 PM)Kev Vader Wrote:  Message from Melissa at the Red Cross:

What a sensational night Friday night was. You have no idea how superb it was to have Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers visiting our event! Star Wars had such an impact on me when it came out all those years ago and to have the characters in the flesh so to speak, was beyond description. I haven't stopped smiling since Friday!

More importantly, people were already looking forward to the event but your presence just put the icing on the cake and got everyone in such a great mood the trivia night was a huge success.

Thank you so much Kevin and please pass on my gratitude to the other troopers. Star Wars coming to my office has been the highlight of my year Smile

kind regards

Melissa Burrows

thats why I respect the 501st so much.

I'd love to get involved with more troops that makes someone feel that good.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Robina Town Centre Star Wars Trivia Night Flashheart 3 6,002 Saturday 6-May-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Westfield Helensvale Star Wars Trivia Night Flashheart 3 5,821 Saturday 6-May-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Charity Trivia Night NQDude 6 13,657 Friday 3-May-2013, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Shepherds Pie