my first hello
Hi all,
My name is Mark and I live in Gympie Qld.

I have thought and talked about getting involved with the 501st
for a number of years among my family and friends but have never seemed to get around to it till now. I have been a long standing Star wars fan for many years in fact I would say I grew up on it, no doubt the same as many of you would have. I still remember my first little die cast xwing that blew apart when you pushed a button on the back of it, that my dad brought home.

So I attended gold coast supernova last weekend and saw the amazing fun you all have and the great work all of you carry out, and decided there that I would stop talking about it and just do it.

Goldcoast supanova was the first time I have attended a pop culture convention, the first time I have dressed in costume and was the first costume I have ever made and I had a ball, I was made to feel welcome.

I have been involved in other charity groups for sometime and they do great work but you all have that something special, and I want to be involved.

I have thought about what I would like to be and think I would want to be a sand trooper, but I would propose the question of where to start with my costume, I have down loaded the info on it and would love some guidance of what steps to follow, also info on how to start being involved while I embark on my build.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this or assistance any one could offer.

Cheers

Mark
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome Mark,

While I cant tell you much about Sandies its great to see you sign up and start joining in.

Im sure one of our trusty, dirty Sand Troopers will be along shortly to give you some pointers :P

Enjoy the ride.......
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
`welcome bro, charity is our middle name so your looking at the right group for the right reason
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

G'day Mark
It was great to have a chat with you at Goldnova, and I am glad you bit the bullet and joined up. MEPD (Mos Eisley Police Department) is the detachment forum you should also join, as it is the resource hub for all things Sandtrooper.
It is a good place to start your research, learn what must be learnt, where to get armour, what needs to be done to get it approved etc. the CRL (costume reference library) is the best place to understand the level of detail required to get basic approval with the 501st.
Anyways, welcome aboard and let the fun begin.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome Mark!
Welcome aboard Mark!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Hi Mark and welcome.

A sandie huh Wink

As it has been mentioned sign up on the Sandtrooper detachment MEPD to start off your research because there are a few different types of sandy use the CRL as well.

Also have a read of these couple of threads to give you an idea of how to become a member etc..
Membership
Photos

If you have any questions please just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome mate!
We do have a few members up your way so how pull urgent can help.
Sandies are awesome they make the rest of us look clean!
Hi Mark,
I'm glad you have come to see the power of the dirty side.
As my cleaner friends have mentioned MEPD is our detachment so slip on over to there and sign up I,m DWQLD in that forum so come over and say hi.
There is lots to look at and as you get approved the detachment opens up even more.
Also go to trooperbay and have a look at the videos on making a sandy esp the weathering, when it comes to the backpack before you decide on which one make sure it is the same as the sandy you want to be (there are 5 back packs) pm me if you want to get into this more and I'll send you some stuff to look at.
That's probibly enough for now so welcome again
Cheers
DW
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Top of the morning to ya dude!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome aboard mate just follow the above advice get into building some cool Armour and have fun.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Howdy Mark
Welcome aboard Mark