hello there
Hello all,
My name is Chris and I live in tweed on the gold coast. I jabs been an avid fan of all things Star Wars for many years and have followed the amazing work that the 501st do.
After gold coast supanova and being able to talk to some of the redback garrison I decided now is the time to get more involved.
I love the charity work you all do and to be able to combine that with my love of star wars would be fantastic.
I have considered creating a snowtrooper uniform and would appreciate any hints or tips on the best way to get it started.
thank you all for what you do for people and for accepting me into this amazing organisation.
Hi Chris, and welcome to the Redback forums.
A snowy hey, no problem. First thing go and sign up on the Blizzard Force detachment. This will be your resource hub for all things Snowtrooper, were to get armour, what to use etc, etc.
Also check out the CRL (Costume reference library) this is were you will learn what is necessary for 501st approval.
We have quite a few Snowies, who I am sure will chime in and give you plenty of help.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome! Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Hey Chris and welcome

Rebelrach and Baytrooper are snowies and should be able to help you out
DW2013 to DW2018
Attack of the Snowies! Oh and welcome Smile
Hi Chris, welcome to the forums Smile
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hi Chris,
A snowy, very cool (pun intended)
We lots of snowies that can help you with advice on your build.
Welcome and see you at a troop soon
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Hi and welcome.

As it has been mentioned sign up on the Snow Trooper detachment Blizzard Force to start off your research. Plus use the Costume Reference Library (CRL) http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TS_snowtrooper

Also have a read of these couple of threads to give you an idea of how to become a member etc..
Membership
Photos

If you have any questions please just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi from a fellow newbie.
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Hey Chris, welcome!
Snowies are the coolest cats in the Empire (I am biased).
I am happy to help you if you would like some info on the costume/cost etc. The info from Phantom above is great, the detachment the Snowtrooper is in is called Blizzard Force and we have our own forums with lists of armour makers and hints and help.
I am currently researching armour makers with the aim of upgrading my current snowie armour, so have lots of current info.

Send me an email if I can be of any help to you.
Welcome.

Chris, make contact with Scope. He is in the throws of making a snowie. He can point you in the right direction or PM me and I can give you a contact.

If you are quick, you could save a small fortune on shipping. His guy is awesome.... oh yes, so is Scope.

"Just listen, it feels like someone's watching us."