Hello Redbacks, a green recruit here
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up today and thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Matthew, I'm 25 years old and I'm from Sydney. From a young age I've loved Star Wars, as I'm sure all of you have aswell haha and who hasn't dreamt about dressing up as a character from Star Wars? Well, I'm sick of dreaming and putting it off. I want to live it. I want to get off my ass and do something about it and finally make it reality. I heard about the 501st ages back but wasn't sure how active they were in Australia until pretty recently. I can see that the Redbacks have a huge fan base here and it's something I want to be a part of. I'm excited to be hearing from people on the forums and I'm open to any suggestions anybody has for me.

Thanks peeps,

Matty
Hi Matty
Do you live in Brisbane or are you still in Sydney?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Of course, I almost forgot! The character I am wanting to build is an Imperial Gunner. Also, some time later down the track, a Scout Trooper. Hope to hear from a few of you. Thanks Smile

Hi Sly,

Nice to meet you. Yes I still live in Sydney. Are you from Brisbane yourself?
Reason I ask is the Redbacks cover QLD only, the Southern Cross Garrison covers NSW, so if you are indeed in Sydney, you will need to join their Garrison.
We are always happy to have visitors 😀

Yep Brisbane , Brisvegas, Brisneyland, what ever you feel like calling this place.
Have you signed up on SCG for local support?

Whoops, sorry haha wrong state. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I hadn't realised that The Redbacks are QLD only. I'll definitely check out the SCG forums.

Thanks again,

Matty
No problems, enjoy the journey, this is a great hobby, full of awesome people.

Thank you very much. I've already met my first awesome person haha. Take care man
Can't blame you Matty, everyone wants to be a Redback. Smile
The SCG are great people, they'll look after you, but remember you're always welcome here.