Newbie from alderley Brisbane
Hey redback

My name's james super keen on becoming apart of the garrison. I'm 24 and been a fan of star wars since before I could walk. looking at building a storm trooper outfit and wondering where I could start. Big star wars fan even today doing my may the 4th duties by doing a marathon of all star wars movies. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Hey James, Welcome to the Redback forums mate!

If you are looking at building a stormtrooper (TK) then sign up on the FISD forums (whitearmor.net) - this is the best resource.
Hi James and welcome.

For storm troopers have a look at the Costume Reference Library (CRL) there are a few variants:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

I highly recommend that you sign up on the detachment forums for stormtroopers FISD to do your research. Detachments are the costuming units of the Legion. Their role is to assist new and old costumers alike in the understanding, formation and building of costumes.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

There are vetted armour suppliers and I suggest that you contact them and when contacting them give them your measurements that way you can be assured on getting the right armour to fit your body type and your budget.

While you are in the reading mood have a read through these threads to give you an idea on membership and applications:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6719

More importantly if you have any questions just ask.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome James
There are a few of us on the North side so you will have local support.
You have been directed to the appropriate detachment for Shiny whites, so hope to see you over there shortly.
Be prepared to have your mind blown as the FISD is an amazing resource. The best practice is to ask as many questions as you can, and you will receive loads of feedback.
I am the current attache for the FISD to the Redbacks, so if there is anything you need, feel free to PM me, or just ask away on the boards.

Welcome to the Redback forums
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi James,
Storm trooper eh, when it gets dirty you can join the sandtroopers ( it's like an upgrade) lol, hope to see you at a troop soon
Cheers
DW
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Thanks for the welcoming guys been looking at a phew different suites and kits from all over the place, rs replicas, jedi robe, am, and rt-mod is there any where else I should look?
(Monday 4-May-2015, 07:20 PM)SnesN64 Wrote:  Thanks for the welcoming guys been looking at a phew different suites and kits from all over the place, rs replicas, jedi robe, am, and rt-mod is there any where else I should look?

Avoid Jedi Robe and Ebay as a rule
Smile

(Monday 4-May-2015, 07:20 PM)SnesN64 Wrote:  Thanks for the welcoming guys been looking at a phew different suites and kits from all over the place, rs replicas, jedi robe, am, and rt-mod is there any where else I should look?

Stick to the list of suppliers on FISD mate, you can't go wrong there.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums James!
welcome aboard sir!!!Doppeldaumen1
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Thanks guys I'll stick to the fisd haha I can't register for that forum for some reason it won't let me past the part where you have to prove that your not a machine I've just moved house so I'll have to wait to get my internet sorted. Just wondering if it's better to get a kit or a already made suite cheers guys.
There is no greater satisfaction, than assembling your armour yourself.
Don't underestimate your ability, besides, it's is awesome fun.

Welcome Smile
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome mate! Defs go with making a kit yourself. Not only is it more reliable but it is much more satisfying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi guys brisbane newbie ObsidianDevil 5 6,329 Monday 14-Nov-2016, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
  Sooo excited Brisbane Newbie PinkSnowFairy 20 23,802 Wednesday 21-Sep-2016, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Hydro
  Newbie from Brisbane Kristy172 20 28,491 Sunday 1-Sep-2013, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sithprincess