needing help :(
Hey guy's I'm new to this!, and I've been itching to join the 501st for year now... I want to be a sand trooper but I was hoping to source the plain armor myself , ive seen how people make there own armor by melting it but is there any way possible I could pay someone to do it for me?, and I will dirty it up for the sand trooper look, I've been adding a few other things to my bucket list aswell wich is getting a Paoldron etc, I hope someone can help me? :/[/size][/font]
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Hi Kai

There is no need to build your own armour, as it is available from reputable makers in kit form.
You do however need to assemble it to suit your body type.
MEPD is the deatchment you need to join as it is your research hub for all things Sand trooper, see link below
http://www.mepd.net/

Also FISD or http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ for everything shiny Stormtrooper.

I expect Phantom will chime in shortly to give you more information on costume references etc.
Welcome to the Redbacks, and enjoy the wonderful journey you are about to embark on
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome, as I am a newbie myself cant say if any of the guys here make armour, there are though several place you can buy raw
armour from or completed suits they will most likely set you back for a raw set $1500 + then you have delivery on top a completed suit would cost any where from $3500 so no cheap from what I have found.

Some of the company's are:
UK: originaltrooper.com
RS propmasters
There are quite a few in the States and Canada also, as far as I have gathered is stay away from Rubies they make a cheap version.

Hope that helps, I my self have started to embark on creating bucks and building a vacuum former so may take a while. Thinking of taking a leaf out of Mykill's book and doing a Imperial Staff officer first so I can get out and be involved while I work on my trooper.

I'm sure other will give be guidance and far more knowledge.

But welcome again and enjoy the fun you have ahead.

Mark

Sorry about my grammar and miss types, I have fat fingures and small keys on my phone. Lol
And as Sly said, Welcome and enjoy your journey. Smile
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Yeah ive been looking at RS prop master's Smile , I just stumbled across them and they look fantastic, now to save lol , I hope to be joining you all soon, I'm even more keen to make new friends and lets defeat this rebellion. .. the empire gets all the cool thing's anyways Wink
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Hey Kai, different armour kits suit different size troopers, so a few basic things can make a big difference to your purchase.
How tall are you and type of build/weight.
RS are very good and also expensive. They suit a trooper best 5,6" -6' but can be modded to suit a little taller, girth is the issue as they are cast off original armour and out of box fit a 32-34" waist.
AM on he other hand fit taller and wider troopers as they are larger moulds used.
The key to this hobby is indeed research, research, research, and making the choice that's right for you.

Have I started something?
Started what MK?

Hi there mate and welcome.

A sandie huh....like working dirty then.

As it has been mentioned sign up on the Sandtrooper detachment to research all things sandy:
http://www.mepd.net/

Start off your research with the Costume Reference Library (CRL) because there are a few different variation of the sandy:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper as well.

Have a look over on FISD for vetted armour suppliers:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Also have a read of these couple of threads to give you an idea of how to become a member etc..
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6719

If you have any questions please just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums Kai!
Belated greetings and salutations good sirrah,

(sorry Sly, a run on officer uniforms for first builds, not that I thought I was being original in choosing warrant officer, monion25 referenced my thread and It was meant as a tongue-in-cheek joke - I'll dial it back a bit).

Great to see so many other cadets embracing the Dark Side, and joining the forces of our just and glorious Emperor!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Greetings Kai! Welcome and have fun Smile
Welcome to the Redbacks , you will soon get into the swing of things ,theres heaps of good advice to be had in these forums ( there is always someone with an answer or at least a point in the right direction)Doppeldaumen1
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Hey there and welcome to the forums! Sandies (TD's) always look fantastic, so best of luck!

I dont want to scare you off - so I'll just make a small addition to monion25's comment. Having built 2 TKs myself and purchased 1 completed costume, I have to say Ive never spent more than $1500 from start to finish (thats including raw kit + helmet, blaster, paint, undersuit, leather boots, holster, webbing, glue, chocolate, tools, neckseal, balaclava etc). Granted, it depends who you purchase your kit from that will influence how much your kit ultimately ends up costing. It certainly doesnt need to run above $2000.
For example, ANOVOS is currently selling their new kits for $350US (including raw kit, helmet, undersuit, gloves).
RS is definitely not the be all and end all in kits Smile As long as you go with a reputable armor maker from either advice here or whitearmor.net, you're safe doing research as to what will suit you best.

Best of luck! :D
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Chocolate was the bigger expense?
Lol on the chocolate, and I'm sorry if I have overstepped my position was just trying to pass on some of what I have found while looking into the different options and the $3500 was in reference to a fully completed suit from Original Trooper that had quoted £1780 with conversion rate and post brings me to that lol need bigger bank account, anyway lots of options out there and many people with far more time knowlege and experience in this group, was only trying to be helpful Smile
Keep up the fun the smiles and the great community you all have built here.

Cheers
Mark
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New & Needing some direction Fortress1354 3 3,820 Monday 25-Jun-2018, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Cre8tiv
  needing help :( Hydro 3 5,930 Tuesday 5-May-2015, 06:20 PM
Last Post: MyKill
Build Thread Hi all, new recruit needing help Dilysi 0 2,721 Tuesday 21-Apr-2015, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Dilysi