needing help :(
Altair - I had NO idea how much chocolate I would need when learning how to use a dremel for the first time.. My failure was in not budgeting for Pina Collada mix...

Its no worries Monion! Your post was totally fine and meant in the best way Smile I just wanted to be wary of this comment here.
Quote:There are though several place you can buy raw armour from or completed suits they will most likely set you back for a raw set $1500 + then you have delivery on top a completed suit would cost any where from $3500 so no cheap from what I have found.

I point it out only because kits costing this much, even completed ones, are definitely not the majority. Original Trooper and RS are the only two I personally can think of in this price range.

It might also help you both in your research that expensive doesnt necessarily mean higher quality or better materials (though all makers on Whitearmor are reputable and approvable kits). Sometimes the differences can be that theyve just trimmed the flashing off the armour for you or have partially assembled. That said, plenty of finished TK's sell between 501st members for $1200-$800. Just a note as well, purchasing a finished or nearly completed suit doesnt guarantee automatic membership, it has to fit you ^_^

Id highly recommend checking out individual makers and seeing which sculpt you like the best, balanced with which will suit your body type. For example, as Sly mentioned, different makes are intended for different builds (eg, AM is made to fit a heavier built or taller trooper. It is also a fan sculpt, so the details are sharp compared to say RS armour.)

If its all a bit overwhelming, get along to an Armour Party or troop and see the kits in person. We love new troopers!
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
All good when I quoted $3500 that was a total completed straight out of the box set with everthing done.
Personally I think its better if one puts some of their own work into it as it makes it more of a journey and you get to know your costume.

Looking forward to attending a armour party and if needed helping out at Dream World and of course meeting you all and continuing my path to the Darkside. Smile
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New & Needing some direction Fortress1354 3 3,797 Monday 25-Jun-2018, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Cre8tiv
  needing help :( Hydro 3 5,916 Tuesday 5-May-2015, 06:20 PM
Last Post: MyKill
Build Thread Hi all, new recruit needing help Dilysi 0 2,710 Tuesday 21-Apr-2015, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Dilysi