advice or help.. sorry to be a hassle :/
Hey guy's kai again. . Sorry if I'm bothering you guy's. .. I'm thinking about buying a sand trooper kit but I lack all the tools and knowledge on how to build a quality product.... is there anyone in the brisbane area willing to help me build it? Smile , would mean alot ... I just don't want to build somthing dodgy is all... I live in redcliffe so if your up the road that would be even better haha... I'll drive to you tho if your willing to help out a desperate trooper... I just want to get out there and help people...if you need extra cash for helping me out I'll do so aswell Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
You are not alone on the North side, there are quite a few of us who can help.
Have you managed to join MEPD as yet, because there is loads and loads of info and extra forum help, to make sure you get it right.
A few simple tools you should get hold of that are relatively in expensive are.
Pack of plastic clamps..Bunnings approx $16
A good Stanley knife
Steel ruler
HB pencils
Painters tape, the green or blue masking type
Dremell. Bunnings have a cheap version of this made by OZITTO only about $39
Sand paper, coarse and fine grit.

Decide which glue to use, there are 2 main choices. E6000 the guys in the U.S. Are big on this stuff, but it's hard to find here, or CA glue ( good old super glue)
The gel form is best as it gives you a little time to align your parts, and it doesn't run as badly.
Make sure you keep researching, as it will make your build far more satisfying.
The first cut is always the scarriest, but after that your confidence grows rapidly and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
Don't worry , we have your back, here to help.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
I know it's intimidating - but if I can build a stormtrooper anybody can!

Best bet would be to come along to an armour party, and we can have a bit of a workshop and help you out. The first cut is always the scariest! (Now, I hack into my TK without hesitation, if something is digging into me!)
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
+1 to moxxxie's comment

Took me 3 months to get the nerve to start working on the plastic which wasn't until I held my first armour party

Think that maybe the best step is to meet us at an event or with a member local to you to have a close look at their kit and what they did

There will be people to help you do it
DW2013 to DW2018
There are a few of us that live around Warner if you need help
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Like Mammasith said, there are a few of us around Warner who are always willing to help out.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015
Hi Kai - I'm in Margate - just ordered an ROTJ trooper kit and going to be my first build also - more than happy to go on this journey with another newbie - let us know when you're ready and we'll get our build on!