New Style E-11
Ok ok ok! So I bought one of the new style E-11's of Rebelrach and a Doopy Doo's conversion Kit.

Disclaimer: Rach I know you said not to buy the doopy doo's kit because it wouldn't fit properly on the blaster buuut I had kind of already possibly purchased it...so don't be mad Smile

Anyway, just a quick shoutout to see if anyone has performed surgery on one of the new blasters yet? Since I have both pieces I am committed to making it work, so there will be alot of cutting.

Pics to come.
There are several of these new version E11's from Hasbro being modded currently over on the FISD
They are also using the Doopy upgrade kits, but having to remake some parts as the barrel is smaller on the latest version.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
I bought two of the new E-11s while in the states.
One is currently gutted, with it's sound and lights in my pipe baster.
The other in still in the box on my shelf.

The sound and lights from the new ones are good. It even has Stun mode...
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Monday 25-May-2015, 07:41 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  I bought two of the new E-11s while in the states.

Yes the new lights and sound with the red and blue are great aren't they!!!
(Monday 25-May-2015, 07:41 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  I bought two of the new E-11s while in the states.

Exactly what I plan to do with mine
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks for the heads up Sly! so far pulling the trigger has been nothing but entertainment haha.

So probably the biggest difference I have noticed is that the new blaster includes the folding stock (although it is much smaller than what the conversion kit provides).
[Image: b88541a2-16a3-4628-8d1c-0bf161c48579_zps9ddwsppm.jpg]

It is also missing that large block area right next to the trigger - instead the trigger is in line with the barrel.
[Image: 014ca9c8-6a0f-4f00-a233-996a24b2df1a_zps4nwqzs6u.jpg]

Someone may be able to correct me on this as I can't fully tell - there seems to be the addition of the ammo box next to the battery pack that I can't see on the older blasters;
[Image: c71b4a77-c851-4441-b27b-3e5f48c1c01e_zpsszqy48b6.jpg]
[Image: 1e0304c2-ee7f-46ad-89ea-653b2467f26e_zps8cd1nb8l.jpg]

Apart from these everything else seems similar apart from the thinner barrel. I will definitely need to rework/make parts for the conversion. Obvious things need to be changed (e.g. scope - end of barrel etc). First step for me will be to pull it apart, check out the insides and make some measurements.
(Monday 25-May-2015, 06:25 PM)aasmetz Wrote:  Ok ok ok! So I bought one of the new style E-11's of Rebelrach and a Doopy Doo's conversion Kit.

Disclaimer: Rach I know you said not to buy the doopy doo's kit because it wouldn't fit properly on the blaster buuut I had kind of already possibly purchased it...so don't be mad Smile

You'll keep youngling! Cheeky
IN all honesty, most of the doopy's parts are made to fit over the old Hasbro baster.
Modding them to fit the new one might be more trouble than it's worth.

If you already have a new blaster, I would suggest making or buying a pipe blaster, and fitting the electronics into that.
It would be a much easier conversion.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Monday 25-May-2015, 09:33 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  IN all honesty, most of the doopy's parts are made to fit over the old Hasbro baster.
Modding them to fit the new one might be more trouble than it's worth.

If you already have a new blaster, I would suggest making or buying a pipe blaster, and fitting the electronics into that.
It would be a much easier conversion.

You are probably right Wolf. But in the end I need to open it up to get the electronics anyway. So I might as well have a look when I do. Im always up for a challenge Smile
Still kicking my self I didn't a couple of these...oh well
Ratchet
TK-15378
SOUTHERN CROSS GARRISON 
(Monday 25-May-2015, 10:56 PM)Ratchet Wrote:  Still kicking my self I didn't a couple of these...oh well

I might know a guy...or gal Ratchett :-)
So, no cutting or real work done yet due to getting home late, hopefully I can start making some progress on the weekend. Just planning ahead while I wait for cheap 2 minute noodles to get ready.

I have had a brief size of up of the pieces to the new gun, and it is actually pretty good news Smile

The end of the scope looks like it is going to fit nicely, once I cut of the current end and trim up the pieces (there hasn't been too much change in the scope design from what I can tell.
[Image: Doopy%20Doo%20Scope%20Uncut_zpsvb4747xg.jpg]
[Image: Doopy%20Doo%20Scope%20uncut%202_zpsp9gpjogm.jpg]

The D-Ring holder also fits nicely on the end over the speaker, but once again no real change here.
[Image: D-Ring%20Holder%20unglued%202_zpsc4hjj2pl.jpg]
[Image: D-Ring%20Holder%20unglued_zpslfgor7rj.jpg]

Same with the End Cap although this will need some filling on the sides.
[Image: End%20Cap%20unglued_zpsuckbocca.jpg]

The biggest thing so far is the ammo clip. The tiny one they provided just won't do, I will need much more ammunition than that can hold to fight off those pesky rebels. From a glance I should be able to cut out the ammo box (and provided it is hollow behind - I can't imagine it not being) I will be able to slot the Doopy Doos ammo box right in there.
[Image: Mag%20Clip%20Unglued_zpsq64gigqq.jpg]
[Image: Doopy%20Mag%20Clip_zps2c6v3yds.jpg]

Another piece that will need some extra work is the barrel tip. I haven't included a picture because the orange tip is still on, but it seems a tad too narrow.

Still undecided what I am going to do about the folding stock as well, I considered grinding back the base stock on there and cutting out the Square where the two Doopy Doo Parts would connect, but I don't want to make the handle too fragile.

Probably no more updates until the weekend when I "hopefully" crack it open.
So with the folding stock. How far past the barrel tip is it ideally meant to extend? I have seen a few different builds and threads that have it at different lengths.

To give an idea, if I was able to fit the Doopy Doo's stock on, it would be about in line with the tip:
[Image: c518d6a2-7e5e-483f-82eb-6e6a54c69823_zpsfvhffv2b.jpg]

If it needs to extend past it, I will need to make a small piece to fit between the two halves of the folding stock. It also looks like the bars aren't held in by anything too substantial, so hopefully I should be able to just pop them out.
[Image: Tbar%20in%20barrel_zpsqfesw2pd.jpg]
Check out some reference photos over on FISD, always base it off an original.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]