Introduction
Hi everyone, just touching base as a new member. I have been reading threads about sourcing costumes etc. I would like to start with a traditional Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper armour.

Due to my location in the Qld outback I would like to source ready made armour, if that's possible. I think I have seen that RSpropmasters may be suitable. I have seen a company called Original Stormtrooper as well. Can anyone provide advice on this please?

Looking forward to developing my armour and raising some money for charity.
G'day from Sydney! Enjoy the journey
[img=0x0]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4336/36414668056_854e3a5774_b.jpg[/img]
Welcome to the forums! If you haven't already go sign up on the FISD forum at www.whitearmor.net and say hi. That's the forum for everything stormtrooper. I'm not sure if MEPD has a different board but someone will confirm that for you.

Have fun and don't be shy to ask plenty of questions Smile
Hi and welcome, where abouts "outback" are you?
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hi, I'm in Charleville, south west Qld...
Hi and welcoe to the Redback forums.
RS Prop are good and reputable, but stay away from original Stormtrooper.
Deffinitly sign up on the FISD boards as mentioned in above posts, that is where you can find a list of vetted armour makers. Also stay away from ebay.
The 501st has a very specific set of costume references to follow.
There are more than one version of the humble Stormtrooper, as they differ slightly from each movie.
Take a look at the links below.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Good luck on your journey Smile
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
I havent met a humble Stormtrooper yet hahaha j/k....dont shoot me......oh wait

Welcome Jediriecky, stick with Sly and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
(Tuesday 17-May-2016, 10:22 PM)Slide Effect Wrote:  I havent met a humble Stormtrooper yet hahaha j/k....dont shoot me......oh wait

Never met a humble Tie Pilot either Cheeky You fly boys are all alike Wink
Welcome Jediriecky! It would be great to spread the Garrison out to Charleville!
I owuld recommend you buy a kit and build i yourself, we are all more than happy to help you build it with tips and recommendations! It also avoids you buying ill fitting armour! And if you are ever in brissy, we can organise an armour party!!

(Tuesday 17-May-2016, 10:22 PM)Slide Effect Wrote:  I havent met a humble Stormtrooper yet hahaha j/k....dont shoot me......oh wait

Keep quiet, you punk ass tie pilot!
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
(Wednesday 18-May-2016, 08:07 AM)Haak Wrote:  I owuld recommend you buy a kit and build i yourself, we are all more than happy to help you build it with tips and recommendations! It also avoids you buying ill fitting armour! And if you are ever in brissy, we can organise an armour party!!

At least we hit what we shoot at hehehehe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
(Wednesday 18-May-2016, 08:08 AM)Slide Effect Wrote:  
(Wednesday 18-May-2016, 08:07 AM)Haak Wrote:  I owuld recommend you buy a kit and build i yourself, we are all more than happy to help you build it with tips and recommendations! It also avoids you buying ill fitting armour! And if you are ever in brissy, we can organise an armour party!!

At least we hit what we shoot at hehehehe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah, like the millenium falcon, oh wait, that literally never happens
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Hi and welcome to the forums.

You have got a lot of good info already, what a helpful bunch of people Smile

If you are looking for a stormtrooper costume have a look over many costumes in the Costume Reference Library (CRL) there are a few to choose from:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costu...ormtrooper

Once you know what stormtrooper you want to do, head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) to do your research and find an amrour supplier from the vetted sellers list. Get in touch with them and give them as much info as you can height, weight, leg, arm and as many other measurements etc to find the best armour for your body type and your budget. I know that there are places to purchase approvable premade kits and FISD would be your best bet to find them.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Have a read over this thread to give you an indication on the membership process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

I hope this helps.

Enjoy and remember to ask loads of questions, stay clear of ebay.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Tuesday 17-May-2016, 03:56 PM)Jediriecky Wrote:  Hi everyone, just touching base as a new member. I have been reading threads about sourcing costumes etc. I would like to start with a traditional Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper armour.

Welcome.... White Armor forum been mentioned already but if you're considering Sandy then you'll also want to look at the Mos Eisley Police Department forums www.mepd.net

and the CRL for Sandy's is here
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:MEPD_CRL
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks everyone for great advice. I will hit those sites and start learning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk