New cadet looking to wrangle in Toowoomba!
Hello everyone (especially those in Toowoomba),

I have been considering joining the awesomeness that is the Redback Garrison for many years now but haven't managed to organise an outfit yet. Whilst I figure out what I would like to build I thought it would be good to start wrangling earlier to see if the trooping life is for me (if that is at all possible?). I live in the Toowoomba area and would therefore like to stick nearby to begin with but I would help out anywhere in South East Queensland in the future.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated and I have read through the FAQs on wrangling which were a huge help to understand what the role is and how to perform it Smile

Thanks for any help,
Alex
Welcome Alex . Great time to start wrangling as there’s a movie premier next week and the Toowoomba Christmas parties. Anyone from Toowoomba able to help Alex with info to get to local events?
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
G'day Alex!

I'm one of the three currently active members here in Toowoomba. Myself, Scotty33 and Snips usually cover the troops up here with the help from troopers who come up from Brissy.

Excellent idea to get some wrangling experience first, you can learn a lot from helping out other troopers and seeing how their armour works.
We won't be doing the midnight release, but we are doing the Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland. We were there on Saturday the 7th and will be there again on the 14th and 21st. Wrangling the wonderland for your first time would be a trial by fire but you are welcome to attend!

We will also be doing Galactic fest at the Toowoomba Library on the 18th of January, again another good event to come see how we operate trooping and with props and displays.

If you have any questions feel free to message me

- Bolt
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Thanks for the welcome Wendell and thank you Bolt for replying quickly with some great information about upcoming events! 

I am keen to start learning and if it is not challenging then will you learn anything? :P

I have sent you a message regarding the troop as I would like to come along and observe the troop at the very least and help out when I am needed.

Alex
Welcome aboard Alex , you’re in great hands with Bolt .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Thanks Cyclops

Alex will come along to the Wonderland tomorrow to take a look at what we do
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]