Ready for Action
Hi everyone,

Been lurking a little while, but Iâ€ve been researching for a few months now. Looking forward to getting armour and getting approved.

I have a few questions if thatâ€s ok.

Is there a supplier of armour including the helmet in Australia of even Queensland?

I believe the FX kit with a substitute helmet (maybe MR) is an acceptable set?

Iâ€ve heard of the AP, but while Iâ€m cashed up and ready to buy, Iâ€m lead to believe itâ€s more expensive, so the FX is the way to go for now? Also I need to buy an E-11 blaster. Iâ€ve seen the replicas versus the Hasbro, so (personally) I need to track down a reasonable screen accurate replica.

So if someone can direct me to anyone who can supply the (501st approved) gear needed to get approved or point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Cheers

Ricky

PS Iâ€m very new about all this, so if I asked incorrect or inappropriate questions, then just edit as you see fit.
Gday and welcome Ricky

Have sent you a pm with the armour makers and contact details, which will answer your questions.

Where about in Qld do you live?

Ken
Hi Rick and welcome...For all the armour info Muppet is the man to talk to...I have MM armour and most people go for the modified hasbro blaster but if you want a great looking scratch built job talk to Crypto he does great looking E-11s...keep asking questions
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey there Rick, like Phantom I have a MouldMans' AP Tk, who is local. I do have a spare unmodifyed Hasbro E-11 here if you are chasing one, thinking of selling it anyway. Crypto does an exellent job of making E-11's if you want something more accurate.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hi Rick, and welcome to the Redbacks, ditto what everyone has said, tho I have an FX kit Smile Keep firing the questions, the only stupid question is one that's not asked. So if you have any queries on anything SW related, don't hesitate to ask, and i'm sure someone here can answer it.
Thanks everyone for the welcome and supplier info!!

Hopefully be able to get my hands on some armour, blaster etc soon and start building! Looking forward to getting approved and trooping!!

I'm located at Greenslopes

Cheers

Ricky
Heya and welcome!

take pictures and ask questions... though youve got the second point started pretty well Hehehe
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Welcome to the Redbacks mate!

I have MM armour made out of HIPS plastic, good stuff and local. Otherwise theres FX, AM which is the new FX and theres AP to confuse you lol. Otherwise you can do something completely different Wink
Hi and welcome Ric.Glad to have you here.
I am only reasonably new myself and its fun getting set up.
If you are looking for armour, you can buy it and assemble it yourself or buy it already done.
Aprilstorm from the TAG forums (Terror Australis Garrison) has her armour for sale at the moment. It is MM TK.
Check it out...it might be worth looking into.
link.. http://forum.501tag.com/index.php/topic/...rmtrooper/
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
G'days Rick and welcome to RBG. Seems you've already been talking to all the right people. Just keep an eye out for an AP (Armour Party). Wink And if you are buying overseas for amour right now is the best time to buy with the dollar being what it is. That goes for all of us 501st in Aus.
Hey there Rick,
Welcome aboard! I've got an old FX kit, which has really taken a beating. I'm prone to doing silly things in armour...

For the record, dont dive into swimming pools, because the force of the water knocks your bucket into your head and can really give you a nasty black eye!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII