Would love to troop but am I suitable ( really??)
Hi there Bec, we all joined the 501st/Redbacks for different reasons as Muppet said. Us Redbacks are a friendly bunch and will help you with answers, costume types and everything else, but be warned, like Tril said, this "hobby" "can" be expensive and very, very addictive. I have 5 myself. Thought about a Tusken Raider?
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
there was a tall-ish Jawa in A new hope,when they bring out all the droids. lol
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
From Wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jawa

"Jawas were typically short rodent-like natives of Tatooine. They were passionate scavengers, seeking out technology for sale or trade in the deep deserts in their huge sandcrawler transports."

Homeworld Tatooine[1]
Language Jawaese[2]
Average height 1 meter[2]
Eye color Yellow
I'm only 5 foot 4" & a sandtrooper. Loving every moment of it. Looking at doing another suit in the New Year.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
Gecko.....

If it is your dream to make a Jawa...... Go for it!

We have two 501st approved Jawa's, that I know of. Not including the kids.

Squatting down for pix is a great idea. Nice to have a Cadet like yourself thinking outside the box.

You are going to make a great addition to the Garrison.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
welcome to the redback. truly everyone has made different costumes that they love wear. doesn't matter on what hight you are as long as you hart is in the right place. altho a 4 foot vader would just be silly Smile
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hi Bec and welcome to the Redbacks...we all joined for different reasons but the end goal is the same...
My wife who is Bec too didn't want to get a costume when I first started but when she met all the wonderful people and saw what fun everyone was having she said what costume could she have...we researched and found some she really likes but we have just got a Jawa for her to start with but there are a few others she wants to do...so look around and see all the different costumes available and have fun...as Tril said it is addictive Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Yippie the Gek is finally here!!!! Smile. Glad to see you made it to the forums now all we have to do is get you suited up and trooping only then will your path be complete.
Oh and happy new year everyone.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Hi Bec! I only just starting poking around the forums myself Smile
I love costumes too, they're pretty much my life, as my career plan is to get into costume design. Luigi costume = EPIC :D

A jawa would be tons of fun! Go for it! But since everyone else seems to be attempting to recruit you into their groups, I might as well say have you thought about bounty hunting? I'm planning on doing Aurra Sing because bounty hunters are where it's at ;D

Nom :3
Bec... I wouldn't worry about not knowing a lot about SW... I know more than a few troopers who have never seen the movies ANY OF THEM... AT ALL !!!!

Its all about passion for helping others and as you said making people (kids .. both large & small) smile. If you can do that whilst wearing 'uber cool' costumes like the 501st has then why wouldn't you.

Over to you... do your research by meeting and greeting us and asking plenty of Q's.

ScOrP
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

Wow.....who'd have thought we had so many "mini" troopers!!!! LOL!

Hey Bec. I'm 6"4 and am a regular trooper, but I'm currently looking for an understudy so you can apply for that position if you wish! Your height is juuuuust right! Wink

My wife Trinity (forum name) is a Trooper and quickly got a biker scout. As long as you're a baddy, you're all good! Do a little research and be prepared for heaps of fun. Armor party is the way to go!

Good luck!