New to the garrison
Hey troopers! My name is Eamonn and I'm looking to join the Redback Garrison. I'm amazed with the amount of volunteer work you guys do and I can't wait to become a part of it.

I'm 20, currently living in Childers (about 3.5 hours drive north of Brissy), and working as a manager at the McDonald's in Maryborough. Unfortunately, due to the distance, and the lack of flexibility in my job, it will be harder for me to attend events depending on how early they are organized and what time of the year it is, but I will certainly try my best to attend wherever possible.

I'm looking to start off with TK armour, and have already PMed muppet. Had a bit of a look on eBay, but the only stuff I could find in Aus was those 'Supreme Edition' costumes, which I presume are not deemed acceptable by the 501st.

I'm not in a rush to get the costume, as I can't afford it at the moment, but I thought I'd sign up now and start doing some research.
welcome. sounds like your off to a good start. we do have some big troops during the year, witch are easy to organise ahead of time. keep up the research it will be worth it in the long run. hope to troop with you soon.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Gdays Eamonn and welcome to RBG.
I know what it's like to work in a job that keeps you from having a social life. But I'm sure there are some events you'll be able to make. Wink

Seems you're on the right track already with getting started. There is a seller of TK and you'll see him on these forums. His name is Mouldman. Wink
Hiya Eamonn...looks like you are on the right track

We are doing troop up in Bundy later in the year so keep an eye out Wink
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi and welcome Eamonn, sounds like youve already done some good research Smile

[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Welcome to the boards mate.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome mate,
Its about 4 weeks away, but Supanova is a big event down here, and if you're able to make it, you'll see a lot of us in action.
Ken
Welcome!

It's always good to take your time..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hi there Eamonn. Welcome to the best Garrison in the world.Smile Stay away from anything that says "supreme edition" Yuk Long story. Plenty of troops here that will point you in the right direction, but asking a Tusken Raider will get you lost.Hehehe
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome to the boards!
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
Welcome to the forums mate.
Welcome aboard mate, yep keep looking and dont be afraid to ask, the wait will be worth it!!!
DW2011CVICVII
Welcome mate. Be sure to make it to our next armor party to introduce yourself.[/u]
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I may actually be able to attend Supanova. I have to head down that way to pick up car parts (I'm a bit of a car nut too!) in the next few weeks and I have that weekend off, so hopefully I'll be able to make some time to pop in and catch up with you guys.