Need another Tie Jockey?
Hey guys,

My names Craig (Nerf) and I've been a fan of Starwars ever since I was a kid (I'm 21 now). I live in Rockhampton QLD so I'm hoping there are at least some members around that are close to where I live at least. I don't personally know 'anyone' that is into SW costuming, so it makes my job of trying to get to know people a lot harder..

Anyhow I don't have a proper costume yet but I've always wanted my own to take to -Cons and other outages. Originally I wanted to have Stormtrooper armour, but I've recently changed my mind and now I'm considering Tie Fighter Pilot - for my first costume at least anyway. So far I've acquired the gloves and the boots and I have a flightsuit coming to me shortly. Everything else seems to be quite hard to find.. I'm a member of the JRS forums, but international shipping postage costs hurt quite a bit as I'm sure most of you would know.. :P

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all

Nerf
Hey Nerf
Welcome to the Redbacks.
The closest members to you would be, 1 in Emarald,a couple in Gladstone and 1 in Bundy.
Im up your way next week.
Ken
Welcome to the forums Nerf.
Economical Assault Trooper
Hi there Nerf, welcome to the Redback forums. I'm not up to speed with tie pilot costumes as I prefer more desert surroundings ie Tatooine. Large overseas shipping costs is always a pain, so try to buy from Australia if you can. Best of luck.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome trainee pilot to flight school, good to see another in the ranks.
There is a chestbox on eBay ATM going for $100, which is reasonable & a good quality, same as mine infact. There's also a few Don Post TIE lids aswell on eBay, there 1 going for $10 aswell, maybe damaged but just ask them then ask us.
Remember once you wear black, you'll
Never go back
Welcome Nerf
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
(Tuesday 10-May-2011, 06:18 PM)Rents Wrote:  Welcome trainee pilot to flight school, good to see another in the ranks.
There is a chestbox on eBay ATM going for $100, which is reasonable & a good quality, same as mine infact. There's also a few Don Post TIE lids aswell on eBay, there 1 going for $10 aswell, maybe damaged but just ask them then ask us.
Remember once you wear black, you'll
Never go back

Yes I've actually noticed the Don Post buckets.. Although I don't know if the Standard will look funny on me as I'm 6'1 (that seems to be the general concern with people who've bought them from what I've read so far)

And for the chest box, I think I know the one you're talking about but I'm hesitant at getting it. I don't want to buy it and then it's not 100% screen accurate and then I have to get a whole new one.
It's a good chestbox, send the seller a PM, he makes armor swell & did a discount when I ordered mine yolks ago when I said I was 501st. There is another lid maker on eBay, he's from Singapore, forget his name/company but muppet knows it. My new lids from him, the lids bigger than the rubies (DO NOT get a rubies) and it cost me $150 to get a autopainter to spray it, I'm very happy with it!!!!!!
Keep asking away, no questions silly. Fallout & myself are the resident TIEs & we'll be happy to help out in any way.
Rentsy
Hey Nerf welcome to the boards, there are a few of us up here in Townsville if your ever up this way.
We're look for more recruits for a NQ squad.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome Nerf!

I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome aboard Nerf...have a look around and ask heaps of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Tuesday 10-May-2011, 04:58 PM)Nerf Wrote:  Hey guys,

My names Craig (Nerf) and I've been a fan of Starwars ever since I was a kid (I'm 21 now). I live in Rockhampton QLD so I'm hoping there are at least some members around that are close to where I live at least. I don't personally know 'anyone' that is into SW costuming, so it makes my job of trying to get to know people a lot harder..

Anyhow I don't have a proper costume yet but I've always wanted my own to take to -Cons and other outages. Originally I wanted to have Stormtrooper armour, but I've recently changed my mind and now I'm considering Tie Fighter Pilot - for my first costume at least anyway. So far I've acquired the gloves and the boots and I have a flightsuit coming to me shortly. Everything else seems to be quite hard to find.. I'm a member of the JRS forums, but international shipping postage costs hurt quite a bit as I'm sure most of you would know.. :P

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all

Nerf

...aww, changed ya mind fm a TK!!! Sad
We always need to swell the ranks for "Laser Fodder" Wink

Welcome & hope to see you maybe at one of the major troops later in the year.

Jag Smile
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
hi and welcom to forum the armor for a tie does not cost that much its the lid that cost the most.but well worth it there a few ppl that make the armor on the jrs site have you look there not to over price to.but need any help just ask away
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Wednesday 11-May-2011, 06:50 AM)Jaggered Wrote:  ...aww, changed ya mind fm a TK!!! Sad
We always need to swell the ranks for "Laser Fodder" Wink

Welcome & hope to see you maybe at one of the major troops later in the year.

Jag Smile

Infantry does the dying, fleet does the flying Wink

Thanks for the welcome all. Can't wait to get my suit assembled. Smile

Hey mate, someone on the TAG site is selling Tie armour, chest box and helmet and another selling Tie Boots size 12.
I have no idea on the quality of the armour etc or if it's a fair price, I'm sure someone here could let you know.
Would be a good start at least.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13: