Sunshine Coast Trooper Looking to Join
hi guys my name is Shannon I live on the sunshine coast and i'm looking to join you guys as a stormtrooper, i have been doing a fair amount of research and i'm not 100% sure on what to buy and where to buy from can anyone help me with this before i spend big dollors on nothing cheers

Trooper Wolf Signing out :P
Hi there, welcome to the Redbacks.
lots to buy...decisions decisions....
Best talk to Muppet...what he doesn't know about armour isn't worth knowing.
I am sure he will be along shortly to say hi.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the Redbacks Shannon...as AoC said hit muppet up...ask plenty of questions there are loads of helpful people around willing to help out
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Wolf #285 Smile You've come to the right place to look for good armour. PM muppet, he is our GML (Garrison Member Liason) and he can point you in the right direction for the good stuff, and make sure not to go near fleabay, alot of the stuff on there is just crap.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome Shannon,
There are a lot of people around these forums that are more than willing to point you in the right direction.
One thing i would recommend and that is to get along to an Armour Party, there just happens to be one on this Saturday (send a pm to Hopfot) There you will get to see a couple of makes of Stormtrooper armour in the flesh, and you will be able to ask a heap of questions.
Welcome aboard
Ken
G'days Shannon, welcome to RBG. My names Scott but folks call me Hoppy. As has been said talk to Muppet and as muppet has suggested get along to an armour party, and as he has mentioned I'm having one this Saturday. Now it is beyond the RSVP date, which was set to give my Mum (who is doing the catering for the party) time to have everything ready. But under these circumstances I can make an exception. So I'll send you a PM with the address, (It is just north of Ipswich) And it is very recommended as a new recruit to come along and get a look at some armours.
Oh and here is the thread for the armour party if you want any further info. Wink
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=2428
hey shannon wellcome to the redbacks. where on the sunshine coast are ya? i would also recomend an amour party thats where i started off. gets you a better idea on what would be suited for you.

oh and if your after a cheap blaster target are selling e-11s atm. its there sale today so get in quick. there good to have for the kids to play with and can be easly painted. you can also buy resin kits to make them look simlar to the movie blasters.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Thanks for the quick replies guys, its been very helpfull, Unfortunately i have to work this saturday (if i had more notice i'd get it off) i whould love to come but i work 8 to 5pm, and its an 1hour and a half for me to drive to ipswitch if you guys are still partying by that time i'll pop around if not i'll come to the next one.

I'll reply once again once i have made my choice in armour money is no object for the armour so the best is better and is there any helpfull tips on the asmbley part of it? (besides take it slow :P)
Oh yea to anzwer jimcrickets question i'm from Glasshouse Mnt.
Hey there Wolf285. All the troops above me have said what needs to be said. Try to get to a Target store to pick up a Hasbro blaster for 20 bucks, usually a lot more. Ask here first before buying larger things and welcome to the dark side.Hehehe
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome to the mighty Redbacks
(Thursday 21-Jul-2011, 06:25 PM)Wolf285 Wrote:  Thanks for the quick replies guys, its been very helpfull, Unfortunately i have to work this saturday (if i had more notice i'd get it off) i whould love to come but i work 8 to 5pm, and its an 1hour and a half for me to drive to ipswitch if you guys are still partying by that time i'll pop around if not i'll come to the next one.

I'll reply once again once i have made my choice in armour money is no object for the armour so the best is better and is there any helpfull tips on the asmbley part of it? (besides take it slow :P)

No worries mate. Will probably have died off by 5pm. So hopefully see you at the next one Doppeldaumen1 (looks at all the north-side people).

I'm usually one to tell people "take it slow" cause I didn't on my first TK ( that means stormtrooper if your not up yet on all the lingo). But another tip would be, 'take all the help you can get'. If you're unsure about anything, no matter how noobie it may seem, ask. You will eventually, over time, find that some people are better to ask about certain costumes than others, due to experience.

Myself personally have a TK (Although I'm still working out my kinks) , Tusken (not yet approved but looking awesome), TX (Shadow Scout) - (which makes me able to give some advice on TB), Darth Maul and some others I dare not mention on a 501st forum as I may get shot due to order 66 :P. On that note, if you need a glossary of all the abbreviations we use, it can be found here. (Buried in the cantina pages) http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=2213

Hope these has been some helpful hints brought to you by your local Hopfot Wink. If not....... aaaahhh..... Deltorn did it :P.
Welcome to the RBG Shannon, you'll find to once you begin your build a lot of members etc like to see how you progress with pix & comment's on your armour in the armour prog section.
Another note, you'll usually find at troop's (events) that your call sign you use here on the forums is how you maybe addressed in RL unless your lucky enough to earn a nickname lol Wink
To date we have Wolf, TheWolf & now yourself although I'd doubt all 3 would be at an event together.

Looking forward to seeing you around the way.

Jag
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Thanks for all the support and helpfull PM's after a hard think i'm going to drop MouldMan a line and go from there i'll keep you all posted =P cheers guys
Welcome to the redbacks mate. I have a Mouldman TK and it is a great kit. Great move. To get your first kit from a local seller is a smart thing to do since help is not too far away at all.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New recruit - Sunshine Coast danstanfield 11 716 Saturday 30-Dec-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: danstanfield
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 7 3,225 Friday 11-Sep-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: scoot040
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 913 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix