New Guy
G'day All. Am 36, married with 2 little ones, and live near Mackay in QLD. Have always wanted a Star Wars Costume of some type and upon wondering when\where I could ever use it, I've discovered the 501st and the Redbacks. Am just saying 'hello' and intend to follow the forums a bit to see if it feels like home. Have no costume yet and no idea of how to begin to make one. Am more of a mechanically minded sort of soul and am much more at home with an motorbike or tractor in pieces than in front of a sewing machine or gluepot. Vader is the outfit I've always wanted the most so I wonder, does anyone have a spare Vader for sale ? Have already been warned off eBays offerings, but have virtually no chance of owning one I didn't buy. Not being from the South-East Corner, I'm a fair bit removed from the parties and costume-making get-togethers I've read about in the forums already, but I want a Star Wars outfit, I want to show it off, and if it ever helps a charity along the way, then that's great too. Anyhow, hello, help, and let's see if it feels like home.

"I am sick and tired of being responsible for the welfare of the entire universe and its outlying suburbs!" -- Rodimus Prime
Hey mate and welcome...I think you will find the forums will become like a second home Smile
Ask lots of questions and PM muppet about any costumes.
Good luck and enjoy reading Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Scourge!
Welcome mate! Ask plenty of questions, and if you're after a Vader, probably best join the Sith Lords Detachment too, you'll be able to pick up some top tips for Vaders over there. Also, our exhaulted leader Kev and as previously mentioned Muppet are two local troopers you can talk to about Vader builds.

Whereabouts is close to Mackay? I don't get up there nearly as often as I should, but I have family in Mackay.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Gâ€day Scourge.
Welcome to the Redbacks. Vader is an awesome costume but one of the hardest and most expensive.
Here is a link to the Sith Lord Detachment. http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Hi and welcome. Muppet is definately the guy to ask about costumes. He does get to Mackay sometimes as well with his work so perhaps you can catch up with him sometime.
Nice town Mackay, I was up there earlier this year at a work thingy and also caught up with a mate of mine who lives up there.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
welcome. if your truly interested in making a costume this will become a 2nd home. also have a look at the Costuming Resources threads give you an idea what it takes to make other star wars costumes.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hey mate,
You're a week too late signing up on the forums, i was in Mackay last week, but will be back again ( nearly up there at least once a month) As per the email, dont buy the rubies kit. Im currently building my Vader at the moment and am happy to help out with vendors.
Welcome again
Ken
Hey there Scourge, welcome to the the Garrison.

Unfortunately, the CQ guys are kinda spread out quite a bit.. There is myself in Rockhampton, and then a couple in Gladstone and out west but I haven't had the chance to meet them yet. If I'm in the area and vice versa I'll let you know though. Smile

Definitely try to catch up with Muppet on his monthly ventures, and don't be afraid to ask questions around the forums. We've all been in your shoes before. Wink
Welcome aboard, Scourge!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks for the welcome Guys. Will snoop around for a bit and see what I can find.

"I am sick and tired of being responsible for the welfare of the entire universe and its outlying suburbs!" -- Rodimus Prime
G'days and welcome to the best damn garrison. Wink
Welcome aboard mate.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Redback Forums!

Vader is something that takes a bit more effort to put together than most other costumes, and requires a significant investment of both time and money.

There is an "off-the-shelf" kit from a company called Rubies, which is reasonably available on eBay, but most of the parts are either incorrect, poorly finished, or just plain wrong.

The modifications required to bring the Rubies Vader costume up to minimum standard for acceptance into the 501st Legion are outlined on the 501st SithLords Forum - www.501stsithlords.com

Once you have signed up there, visit this thread:

http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.ph...topic=2244

to get a better understanding of what is required to bring a Rubies Vader up to spec.

Good Luck!

Kev Vader
Ah Mackay, just down the road a bit, welcome aboard mate.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13: