New Recruit looking to Enlist
Hi everyone my name is Jamie. I am 33 years old from Brisbane's south side. I recently spent a few weeks working with one of your members 'Tachyon. What started out as a conversation about super heroes quickly turned to star Wars and that is when Tachyon told me about the garrison and all the great work you to for charity. He also mentioned the great people involved and how you have fun Trooping together. I would really like the opportunity to introduce myself in person and enlist in joining the Empire...

keep up the Great work guys.

A Big Thanks to Tachyon Peace

Jamie
Welcome Grim To Redback Garrison. The best damn garrison in the legion.

If you're interested in enlisting then you're going to need to pick out a costume, check out the 501st mother website for the CRL and a list of 501st accepted costumes. Link: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

You can even check out the Costume Gallery where you will find all the legion members listed by their costumes.
Link: http://www.501st.com/members/members.php

Alot of people tend to start off with a TK (this and many other acronyms will be available to you where ever you look). TK is known to the general public as a Stormtrooper. However where you start is your choice and your choice alone Wink . Once you have made a decision, and even before, ask many questions. We are all here to help, and we will usually direct you also to the Garrison Membership Liaison, Muppet. He is the one that approves all "movie" costumes and generally is able to point you in the right direction to get started.

Well that's all I have for know.

Cheers

Hopfot (Folks call me Hoppy)
Oh and also, just in-case you need it, here is a list of all the abbreviations we tend to use Wink

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=2213
Gday Grimslyver welcome to the Redbacks. I found one of the best ways of getting ideas on what costume you want to do is to come along to an AP ( armor party ) and see close up the work which actually goes into some of these costumes, and get to met some other nice and interesting people/geeks/nerds.

Also just remember in the Star Wars universe the Empire troops are the super heroes.
Hey Jamie and welcome. Ask lots of questions mate we are here to help.
What costume are you thinking of?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey thank you guys. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am interested in the TK costume as the Stormtrooper was always my favorite as a kid. An Armor party sounds good I would really like to attend one and learn some more about the costumes.

Grimsylver Smile
Hey Jamie, good to see you made it over here Smile I'm sure there are some armor parties coming up as we get into holiday season. There's also a few troops coming up where there'll be a wide variety of troopers, namely the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers and MS Moonlightwalk.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Welcome to the RBG Grim & oh yea I try to keep away from the quote

"He also mentioned the great people involved"

Just jAG will do bud Wink

[Edit] armour party link http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=2688

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Hi and welcome Grym. Glad to have you aboard. Tachyon is right, get along to a troop and see armour up close and personal. Grab a lift with Tach this Saturday to the Toowoomba carnival of flowers..we will have heaps of troopers all together in one place and 100'000 amazed people. You could wrangle for us..Tach will explain whats involved.
See you round Doppeldaumen1
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
G'day and welcome!

As already said, come along to an AP, (Armour Party) to check out a few different makes of armour, as well as a few different types. t's always easie to see how things go together when we are not wearing it.

Getting along to an event or two to help out, or "Wrangle", is also a good way of seeing what we do and how we do it, and work out if it's really something you want to do. This hobby can be expensive, but rewarding. Smile

The Carnival of flowers parade is this weekend, but there is also a troop down the coast for the Blu ray launch of Star Wars at a Big W Store. That is another option for you, if you didn't want to travel to T'Bar.
We have troops nearly every weekend, of all different types.

Where on the southside are you? I am at Marsden, and you can come over and check out some armour some time if you like. I don't think there are any APs too soon, mostly cause we are all off trooping somewhere..Smile
I have two sets of Stormtrooper you can look at, The older FX armour, and the the newer AM stormtrooper armour. I also have SC Biker Scout armour. MM's Stormtrooper armour is worth checking out too, and it's made right here in QLD..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hey there Grim!

Welcome to the Garrison! I've got a really old FX kit for my TK - it has a few dings and scratches and is really well worn in, but as the saying goes "No scars, no proof!"

If you want to keep an eye on the events that we have scheduled, keep checking out the Events Calendar:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/events.php

Hope to catch you round soon!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Thursday 15-Sep-2011, 06:33 AM)Grimsylver Wrote:  Hey thank you guys. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am interested in the TK costume as the Stormtrooper was always my favorite as a kid. An Armor party sounds good I would really like to attend one and learn some more about the costumes.

Hi Grim and welcome!

I'm having an armour party on the 24th and you're more than welcome to come. All the details can be found under the upcoming events page in "Buzzards September Armour Party". Clicking on the link Jag posted will also get you there. Feel free to pm me if you need any further info.

Cheers!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Yeah come along to the CoF Wink Maybe some of us could convince you to go for black armour :P
Hi everyone thank you for the warm welcome and all the information you have given me. Wolf I live in Algester but I know Marsden pretty well.Thank you for the invite that would be really cool. Please let me know when you have time. Hi Buzzard I am sorry that I wont be able to attend your AP as it is my sons 1st birthday on the 24th Sep. Good luck to everyone for the weekend.
No worries, mate. There'll be plenty of others. Smile
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Welcome Grim..... always good to get new recruits into the ranks....
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"