help with tk boots
Hi all,
I bought a pair of black t boots and painted them white leather paint and they look great for 10 minutes then as they dry they keep looking blue-ish. Is there a shoe paint that anyone has used that looks amazing white and not shithouse ?

Please advise.

Jason
73scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Rust o leum spray works well otherwise the Dymark spray. Ive tried it on leather and it seemed to work for me
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
I've heard of some sort of boot undercoat which you can apply prior to painting them white but I'm unsure where I saw this.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
I just went to Mr Minit. and they agve me some cleaner and white paint for my first boots. Stuffed the boots with paper to stretch the elastic a little and gave them a few coats of the paint and presto, TK boots that still look pretty decent even today. Wink
Paint them silver first, then white over the top....
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Mr minit has the paint you are after.

The trick is to give them many thin coats instead of a couple of thick coats. I sprayed at least 8 thin coats on mine and they have held up a treat, and they are white.

For the elastic you may want an acrylic paint, this wont be "sucked up" as easily as enamel spray paint. I used some $2 artist paint from a newsagent.
Thanks to all for the feedback. I have probably done it all wrong as I have done 4 thick coats and they look white/blue. With a bit of a walk in them they might look better but it is probably too late to paint them silver first Wolf, but I will get some mr minute white, sand what i have done and spray them a final coat.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the help.

Jason
73scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Mate don't fret over the silver, doing a coat of silver is the wrong way to paint these. As I said before the right way is doing as many THIN coats as you can, hell keep spraying thin coats on them until you use up the whole can.

When you spray each coat leave them to dry properly then respray, dry respray etc, etc.
You may find the paint will crack when you walk around for a while and peal off.
(Wednesday 19-Oct-2011, 08:39 PM)hopfot Wrote:  You may find the paint will crack when you walk around for a while and peal off.

Not if done properly. Wink

(Thursday 20-Oct-2011, 06:30 AM)crypto Wrote:  
(Wednesday 19-Oct-2011, 08:39 PM)hopfot Wrote:  You may find the paint will crack when you walk around for a while and peal off.

True. Mine still hasn't on my old boots Wink
(Thursday 20-Oct-2011, 11:09 AM)hopfot Wrote:  

Hopfot - Doing it right! Doppeldaumen1
(Thursday 20-Oct-2011, 11:18 AM)Buzzard Wrote:  
(Thursday 20-Oct-2011, 11:09 AM)hopfot Wrote:  

Hopfot - Doing it right! Doppeldaumen1

For a change Hehehe