HI all! A few TK armour questions...
Hi guys,
I've wanted a suit of stormtrooper armour for about as long as I can remember, and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. I don't want to get ripped off though, and I want to make sure the kit I get can be made to 501st spec.
I'm looking at an FX kit at about $550 shipped. I've heard that the FX armour isn't as accurate as some newer moulds, but I'm not too obsessed with perfect accuracy if it means I can actually afford the thing. Is that a decent price, and will it pass muster if I build it properly?
Also, I'm firly lightly built (about 178cm and ~60kg) will the suit even fit?
Thanks.
Hi and welcome Zeke.
Best to ask Muppet about armour..he can point you in the right direction. Don't spend your $$ until you have spoken to him.
My armour is FX and is OK but the helmet that comes with it is rubbish. Best to get another brand helmet.
Cheers
AoC
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
hey mate and welcome. I have an AM kit witch is the new FX kit. the armour is fine but i would change the helmet if you dont have a big head :P. also the FX kit is made of biger troopers. you would fit a MM kit just as well. MM kits are made on the gold coast so would save on the shipping and its always good to know your local maker. PM Muppet for better details. enjoy the build its one hell of a ride Smile
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hey mate, with your build, I'd recommend a MM kit. I'm about the same (180cm, 70~kg) and it fits perfectly. It's also a local kit, no need to wait for hefty shipping times from the states on the armour parts, and the helmet is great too Smile
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Welcome mate...looks like everyone has given you all the info. I have MM armour as well.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Have fun working on it mate and asks lots of questions. Wolf has a completed armour ready to rock and is approved. all it needs is strapping but he said he will help you do it and the suit is worth every cent at $800 I think. It may not suit your size but ask him anyway just in case. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
By the time you recieve your overseas armour and after you stop crying when you see the helmet and buy another helmet you will be over the $800 mark allready. So look into the Wolfs suit first is my best advice.

Jason
73scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

(Wednesday 19-Oct-2011, 07:38 PM)73scope Wrote:  Have fun working on it mate and asks lots of questions. Wolf has a completed armour ready to rock and is approved. all it needs is strapping but he said he will help you do it and the suit is worth every cent at $800 I think. It may not suit your size but ask him anyway just in case. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
By the time you recieve your overseas armour and after you stop crying when you see the helmet and buy another helmet you will be over the $800 mark allready. So look into the Wolfs suit first is my best advice.

Jason
73scope

I believe Dave's set is already spoken for.

Welcome to the Redbacks mate, no need to repeat what others have said. We are all here to help.

I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hey zeke welcome, I've just received my MM armour and quite frankly it's awesome Doppeldaumen1
Ask lots of questions, you'll get lots of links and contacts back on who can help you with what. This garrison is filled with terrific guys and gals who do this for all the right reasons.
I've cheated on my first set of armour, because I'm time poor at the moment Rolleyes, but I'm looking to build my own clone armour down the track.
Can't wait to start trooping, raising money and bringing smiles to everyones faces. Peace

PS Meet with one of the members 'in real life' to get 'verified'.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Yeah, one of the other cadets snapped up the FX suit I had for sale.... It was a bargain... LOts of extras...

Anyhow, I would recommend an MM suit for you. Being a little thinner than myself, you can fit into any suit really. Us bigger trooper can only choose the FX, AM or similar...Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hey, thanks heaps for all the welcomes and advice. From Muppet's PM it looks like there are a lot more variants and options than I expected.
It sounds like MM's kit is definitely worth looking into though, so I'll give him a bell for sure.
In the meantime, is there anyone near the south-side(I'm at Camp Hill) with a MM kit who'd be willing to let me drop by and take a quick look at some point?
Hey there Zeke, you're not too far away from me!! I'm in Camp Hill also.

I've got a really old FX kit, that looks nothing like an MM - so I cant really help out. In any case, welcome aboard!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hey Zeke. If you work in Brissy I can bring in my suit one day if you want to come and check it out, I work at Bowen Hills.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey Phantom, thanks for the offer! that actually sounds amazingly convenient, as long as it's not too much trouble for you to lug your gear in to work.
I work just over in Windsor, so it should be pretty easy to drop by on lunch sometime. I'll swing you a PM to sort out details.
Welcome aboard Zeke.

I also have a MM as another set of armour.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway