Game Traders - Mackay 3/12/2011
Date: 03/12/2011

Venue: Game Traders - Mackay

Time: 12:00 - 14:00

Mission: Promote opening of new Game Traders store

Trooper Attendance: Nerf, NQ Dude

Guest Trooper Attendance: Daphne as Jocasta Nu (Rebel Legion)

Support Crew:Stef (Kitteh) as wrangler, NQ Dudes son as Jawa and GameTraders staff helped a bit with wrangling too.

Detail:

The day before the troop, myself and Stef did a small recon mission disguised in civilian clothes (so Rebel spies weren't alerted to our mission) to reconfirm our mission objectives with GameTraders and make our presence known to local security and administrative forces. Once all of that was taken care of, we retreated to our apartment of operations eagerly anticipating our mission for the next day..

Around 11:20 on the morning of the troop, we met up with our other Imperial Operatives (NQ Dude and family) and quickly got supplies before the mission. By 11:35 we were armouring up in the GameTraders storeroom ready to bring the Imperial might - but we were foiled... Through the door entered a Rebel (Daphne as Jedi Jocasta Nu). NQ Dude didn't have any binders to detain her so we had no option but to let the Jedi be. For now..

At 12:00 we entered the shop, our mighty 501st presence complimented perfectly with the Imperial March thundering through the store speakers. The public were awestruck at seeing the Empires finest troops. We stood in formation at the front of the shop and did what we do best - and didn't we draw a crowd! Wink

[Image: DSC_0114.jpg]

It turns out that there are some loyalists to the Empire in the sector, with a young clone making an outing, as well as a man quite eerily attuned to the dark side of the force. The man in the self-made Sith robes was the brother of one of the ladies who worked in the GameTraders store and was all too pleased to have a few photo's taken beside us as well as with the public (disclaimer: he didn't claim to be part of the RBG or 501st).

[Image: DSC_0111.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0190.jpg]

Time flies when you're having fun and soon enough it was 14:00 and Mission Accomplished. After de-armouring, we gathered again in civilian clothing for food and much needed refreshments. Definitely a good troop. Smile Some of the guys and girls at the GameTraders store are big Starwars fans too and showed a bit of interest, so we may even have some new recruits soon. Smile

Charity Funds Raised: TBA

Injuries: N/A

Malfunctions: Our Jawas velcro around the neck wasn't sticking together properly, and also the lights for the Jawas eyes cut out half way into the troop because of faulty wiring.

Public Incidents: As with all troops there is a group of teens that can't help themselves. This time they were trying to shine a laser light at us, but our wrangler Stef diffused the situation with a diplomatic solution and sent them on their way.

Mission Status: Nothin' but net. Wink

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...%20Mackay/
Great report!

Well done, Troopers. Doppeldaumen1
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Nice work guys,

way to draw a crowd too.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Great work guys and gals.

Looked like all of Mackay had turned out.

The donation of $200 should show up on Troopertrek's page soon.

Nice stuff...great report. Looked like a bit of a crowd
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
good work troops!
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Sorry I missed this one guys and gals, but we had this family holiday booked 6 months or more ago.
Well done on spreading the joy.
wow well done troopers to the north.. very nice turn out of the public for you all. looks good having different characters instead of just TKs all the time... keep up the great work North Queenslanders!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Excellent work - well done guys (& girls)!
Nice one Troopers.
Great work guys.
Well done and well represented.
You guys done good!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Great work guys!
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall free me.
That's fantastic!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Game Traders Hyperdome Cougar 8 14,222 Friday 7-Oct-2011, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Trinity