new to this
Hi guys my names nick im from rockhampton i saw ur set up at supernova brisbane a few months ago and loved the idea of the 501st and being a starwars fan all my life i automatically wanted to join what are my first steps
Hi and welcome Nick Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hey there Nick welcome to the Redbacks.
What costume are you thinking of? Plenty of talented people here to help you out. Any questions just ask away. Hit Muppet up with a PM he's the man to put you on the right path after you choose a costume...or 2 or 3 Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
i was thinking of a shiny stormtroper or even a sith of some sort would be fun ill send a pm to muppet thanks for the help Smile
Hi mate,
step 1.decide what imperial villian you want to make a costume of.
step 2. ask on forum where to get parts to make that costume !!!
we will all help you along the way, just ask.
step 3. go to a few AP (armour parties) and meet people who will give you lots of advice.
step 4. build costume to guidlines so you can get approved membership from MUPPET.
welcome to the best garrison in the 'WORLD' the 'REDBACKS'
scope
Jason
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Hi Nick and welcome to the Redbacks, having just got involved, might I suggest, turning up to an event, armour party so members can meet you andvice versa, you need to own an approved costume and then you can join the ranks. (im almost there with my sandtrooper). The guys here are awesome if u want to do a certain type of costume mention it and you'll get more guidance too... Welcome and goodluck!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
when and where are these armour parties held?
Hi there Nick, welcome to the Redback forums. Plenty of troopers here with plenty of variety of costumes and characters. Enjoy!
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hey Nick, Michael here I'm in Rockhampton too. I've been running around trying to stir up some interest in Rockhampton and it looks like I'm succeeding. So thank you for joining the forum. Scope/Jason has pretty much summed it up.
I'm send you a PM (Private Message) with my contact details so you can get a look at my TK Storm Trooper armour (from MouldMan). If you PM Nerf he's local too and he's got a Tie Fighter Pilot.

Welcome on this great adventure, this garrison is absolutely packed with the best people you could hope to meet, they are incredibly helpful (as well as talented) and it's all for some very good causes.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
thanks mate i would like to see some armor up close to see what im in for and to chat to u in person about the 501st
Welcome aboard Nick,
Great to central Queensland growing.
I will be up in Rocky next month, would be good to have a meet up with the rest of guys and gals whilst im there.
Holy lineup Batman!! - Another Rocky recruit

Hi Keld

Welcome aboard - I am another recent rocky recruit - feel free to ask questions the guys here don't bite (much:P) - pick whatever costume appeals to you the most (but is hard to resist being a stormie).

Look forward to trooping with you (and everybody else)

Cheers
Neil

PS Angelman you better slow down on the recruiting or we are going to need a garrison just for Rocky. :P Doppeldaumen1
A garrison is WAY too much work and I love the Redbacks so not gonna happen Dengar Rolleyes

Nick PM sent with my contact details.

Muppet do you need to be handy to the airport or not?
Just asking as Nerf's place is nice and close to the airport, I'm on the eastern side of town (in front of Mt Archer).
Happy to have everyone over at my place though.
Central Qld is growing faster than SE Qld here!!!

Nerf and Angelman have done a lot for the garrison and any chance you have to catch up with them would definitely be advantagious to you in your build and growth in the redbacks.

We are all a helpful bunch and are happy to hand out advice whenever it needed, don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome!!
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Saturday 17-Dec-2011, 08:08 PM)Angelman Wrote:  A garrison is WAY too much work and I love the Redbacks so not gonna happen Dengar Rolleyes

Nick PM sent with my contact details.

Muppet do you need to be handy to the airport or not?
Just asking as Nerf's place is nice and close to the airport, I'm on the eastern side of town (in front of Mt Archer).
Happy to have everyone over at my place though.

What ever suits. I usually stay at the Travelodge or Plaza and i have a hire car. When i know the exact dates, i will let you know.