Been away for a while
Hey everyone its been a while i moved house a year ago and have no internet where i live now so boo, i'm at my sisters house abusing her internet!!
but the reason for the post is i bought armour on ebay from seller treck freck in melbourne on the 10 th of december and it still has not arrived. he is selling ##### loads on there and wondering has any one got any feedback on the armour and should i be worried??
It's always a major risk to buy armour off fleabay.

We usually point folks in the right direction. Did you ask us?

I'm sure we would have helped you in that regard.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Contact him again and say if you don't hear from him in 48hrs you will be contacting PayPal for a refund.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
He does say it will take 5-6 weeks minimum...
Of note, he is the only one of three people listed on FISD as a blacklisted recaster..
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
This is an fx mould and 501st approved is it not? Doesanyone else in the redback garrison have one of these ?
I would open a dispute in the Resolution Centre now. By doing this it can hurry the seller up and also notify Paypal before the 45 day cut off that there is a problem. (assuming you did pay with Paypal) If your item arrives before that you can simply close the case yourself and everything is fine. If you don't lodge a case and decide to wait the '5-6 weeks minimum' Rolleyes for it arrival you risk losing the item and your money.
If items I buy haven't arrived after 4 weeks I open a dispute.
Hope it all works out.
FX armour is approvable (I have FX) but be very suspicious of the traders on eBay selling armour.

Make sure you open the dispute ticket within your 45 days - there's a few horror stories floating about where people have lost money, without getting anything in return.
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
I have FX armour also, I didn't get if from him I bought it blind from a relative in england site unseen Sad but didn't know better at the time. Don't stress about it, it should be fine however you will probably need to buy another helmet though as the FX helmet I don't think is approvable. Speak to Muppet about all this as he is the man in the know and will point you in the right path buddy.
If you need help to make the stormtrooper armour depending on where you live we can put on an AP (Armour party) for you and help you.
This means 2 or 20 people sit around a table and drink and eat and talk about star wars.......Lol ....oh and we help you a bit on your armour Smile

Jason
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Helmet is ok as I already have an efx ESB bucket just need to change the lenses.
The blue stripes on side are too small also need changing out, ask The Wolf for some replacements mate, he makes them.
Lenses Muppet may have some left ?
If you are doing ESB or stunt you need to make a couple of mods on that eFX helmet.

Jason
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
(Sunday 22-Jan-2012, 06:28 PM)orgs77 Wrote:  Helmet is ok as I already have an efx ESB bucket just need to change the lenses.

I believe the mods neccesary on the EFX ESB bucket for approval are -

1. Lens have to be changed out to a darker, non see through tint.

2. The 'Frown' mesh needs to be changed to a more fly screen like mesh, (the Helmet usually comes with a dark paper/tissue covering the frown holes).

3. The Tubes stripes are a little dark, and also small, and should be changed. (The 'painted' stripes can be removed using that "magic foam block' cleaner, available at most supermarkets).

Recomendations I would also make personally -

1. Change the padding to something nicer than the plastic stuff. Self adhesive memory foam is available from Clark's rubber, and comes in a variety of thicknesses and widths. Most other faoms are just as nice and better then the standard stuff the helmet comes with. Takes minutes to fit, makes trooping more comfortable.

2. Fit fans for cooling, (Lots of room in these helmets). Reccomend 2 fans, one each side to keep the lenese clear.

3. Change the hovi mic tips or 'tusks'. The EFX/MRCE ones are close, but the mesh is a little wide. It's something you can do down the track, especialy if you want to change to 'speaker tusks)

4. Remove the 2 inner lens fixing screws (in the centre), and place a small piece of foam between the lens ends, and the helmet inside, so as to create an air gap. This helps stop fogging. There are pics somewhere in a thread....

2cents
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII