hi there and thanks
G,day all, thank you for a few great hours at Kevcon II it was nice to meet some of you and im looking forward on the journey of excellent costuming. Btw im skylarks other half.

Thanx again.
Slasher Eyebrows
"You can't stay on target with these things! You miss your first shot, and you're lying on the ground with a hole blasted through your armor."
Hey, I know you! Pigflu Lol

Welcome aboard, mate!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Welcome to the Redbacks Slasher Doppeldaumen1 , did you decide which costume you wanted to start with?
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the RBG
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
I'm thinking about becoming an imperial officer first and then save up my pennies, vader looks awsome however that would be a while ;-)
"You can't stay on target with these things! You miss your first shot, and you're lying on the ground with a hole blasted through your armor."
Welcome aboard. Getting to KevKon was a great start! Smile
Welcome Slasher, good to meet you.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi all, currently scouring the net for some jack boots size 10 any ideas I've come across these http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/me...x?a=727068 and would they be approved.

Cheers,
Slasher
I think a lot of the guys go for the German Jack Boots.
I think they get them from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-B...1c1b2a369b

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Epic-Outdoor
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Good price, but would only be OK for the "Janitor" or TI reserve type uniform. For the officer with the Jodpher type pants you need knee high boots (equestrian style). You can also do an officer with straight legged pants, but they are worn over the boots and you'll only need to go for ankle high boots (think stormtrooper boots but black).
If you were to go with those you'd need to remove the strap around the ankle, and I don't think the inside zip would be accepted, although the CRL states that you can have a strap at the top like these have. The other drama may be the heavy stitching around the front of the ankle (all this is only a drama if you're going for something with inside the boot look).
Horseland have "Dublin Universal Tall Boots" on sale at the moment and several people have used them. I stayed with some friends overnight in Brisbane and tried Horseland today for the boots. Unfortunately I couldn't get the size #10 on over my calf so I don't know if the foot would have fit me anyway. The Underwood store has a single set of #10's, I tried Jindalee, Strathpine & Ipswich as well and they didn't have any mens sizes.
I'll try the sunshine coast store next week as they don't open on Sunday, I'm hoping they might have an 11 or 12 in stock as I'd be happy to put up with the foot being slightly too big if I can get it on over my calf. If it will go I can always use an insert and cut the bottom off of a thick hiking sock to take up the extra room.
They do offer real leather boots in this equestrian style but @ $300 a shot it's too dear for this uniform for me.
I don't know if you've found them yet but :- http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/ is a great place to start your research.
Good luck with your search, I'd be interested if you find anything as I'm also stuck at present, I'll keep my thread in the "Armor questions" forum updated if I find anything else.
Regards
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hey Slasher it would be great to have another Vader but is it an expensive build.

There are several officer builds you can look at on the IOC forums. You can go all black ( stormtrooper ), olive gray ( army ), cream tunic black pants ( security/intelligence ) or all white ( grand admiral ).
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
The zippers would stop these from being approved. I'll post the link for the jack boots I brought with me yesterday when I get to work tomorrow. They should have the size you need.

@ phantom. I've been watching that seller for ages and he hasn't had size 10 for a long time.
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

He now has size 12...just my size Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15