E-11 build...finally completed
Yes it has been a few minutes since we last saw an E-11 build...anyhoooo, here's my two cents (or should that be credits?) The Doop kit is a nice kit that does need some cleaning up and small modifications to get that better look. Things needed doing were solid bits on front sights carved out, rounding a few not so good curves and of course pinning. My track record when working with resin models is pin as much as possible.
[Image: DSCF6945.JPG]

So I started with the usual templates on 40mm PVC electrical conduit from Haymans (thanks Sniper for the tip). Drilled it all out on the drill press and cut out the appropriate bits with the Dremel...love that Dremel.

[Image: DSCF6904%2520-%2520Copy.JPG]

The really important bits were the handle and magazine. These were glued and scewed to the 40mm pvc electrical conduit. I forgot to mention that this first E-11 build is for an 8yr old, so I am trying to make it as sturdy as possible.
[Image: DSCF6941.JPG]
You can see on the inside of the main body the screws for the magazine. The next image shows the screws for the handle. I drilled an extra couple of holes in the top of the pipe(top of picture), for screwdriver access. These will eventually be filled and covered by the scope rail.
[Image: DSCF6940%2520-%2520Copy.JPG]

Next I trimmed out the sights and sanded a couple of bits on the tube for a better fit.
[Image: DSCF6908.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6909%2520-%2520Copy.JPG]

Once all this was done, I went into assemble mode...
[Image: DSCF6907%2520-%2520Copy.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6939%2520-%2520Copy.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6965.JPG]

The back of the end cap with the pins and areldite showing...
[Image: DSCF6966.JPG]

[Image: DSCF6967.JPG]
I used the screw as a pin with the head of the screw glued inside the mag.

I really don't like the ejector in the Doop kit and it doesn't fit anyway. So I made my own. I installed an end using black styrene plastic 5mm short of the end to house the spring when I make one.
[Image: DSCF6962.JPG]

And here it is in place...
[Image: DSCF6963.JPG]

Once that was done I attached the folding stock with a couple of countersunk screws in the front and a couple of screws on the rear (remember, an 8 yr old kid will be playing with it). With the folding stock, I also pinned and glued the join (if you don't already know it comes in two pieces joining just in front of the 'fork'), as it doesn't really feel substancial with just glue. Then I ground down the screw head so it wouldn't interfer with the underside of the barrel.
[Image: DSCF6964.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6969.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6971.JPG]
[Image: DSCF6972.JPG]

With the first stage complete (replica Sterling 9mm), I need to tranform it into an E-11. I start by making my own 'T-track' from black 2mm styrene. Crappy picture but you get the idea...
[Image: DSCF6942.JPG]
Once they are cleaned up and installed on the barrel, they should look the part.

To be continued...
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Drool!!!!!!
'''''''''''''''''''''
I failed the drilling of my own holes test Sad

Looking awesome!!!!!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Very nice, you could do this professionally you know... Smile

Notworthy
Awesome work Timo Notworthy looks great.

(Friday 1-Jun-2012, 12:05 PM)Sabine Wrote:  Very nice, you could do this professionally you know... Smile

+1 Doppeldaumen1 I would be interested in any pistols you decide to sell.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Looks great mate....well done. Can't wait to see it finished.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
looks very nice indeed.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Looking real good mate!
Fabulous!!! I'm going to enjoy watching this thread Smile thanks for sharing!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
You are doing a really Great Job with this Tim...!!!

Keep up the good work... Doppeldaumen1

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
What's the ejector made from?

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging feedback. I'll endeavour to have it finished asap. The ejector is made from 34mm pvc I got from bunnings. It is the perfect fit. Then I whacked a 10mm wide bit of masking tape on it and carved back along the edge of the tape with the dremel to show the helical feature of the ejector. I also made it a bit longer than the original ejector that came with the Doopy kit - 115mm is the length of mine. I've noticed this length does vary from build to build, but it still looks the part. If you'd like any further pics for doing this, let me know.

(Friday 1-Jun-2012, 09:47 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  What's the ejector made from?
Royalguard

(Saturday 2-Jun-2012, 09:40 PM)timothyoevil1 Wrote:  Thanks to everyone for the encouraging feedback. I'll endeavour to have it finished asap. The ejector is made from 34mm pvc I got from bunnings. It is the perfect fit. Then I whacked a 10mm wide bit of masking tape on it and carved back along the edge of the tape with the dremel to show the helical feature of the ejector. I also made it a bit longer than the original ejector that came with the Doopy kit - 115mm is the length of mine. I've noticed this length does vary from build to build, but it still looks the part. If you'd like any further pics for doing this, let me know.

Pics please Smile

once i get a decent break from "school" i'll be smashing out my third blaster...
(and once i get drilling holes right!)

great work
Mate I'm flattered. But I wouldn't know what to charge for one of these. But I'm open to suggestions... Smile

(Friday 1-Jun-2012, 12:46 PM)stormraven Wrote:  Awesome work Timo Notworthy looks great.

(Friday 1-Jun-2012, 12:05 PM)Sabine Wrote:  Very nice, you could do this professionally you know... Smile

+1 Doppeldaumen1 I would be interested in any pistols you decide to sell.
Royalguard

[/quote]

Pics please Smile

Here's the pics you were after Cavalier...
First is the pvc from Bunnings for the ejector.
[Image: DSCF6976.JPG]

Next is the diameter of the electrical pvc from Haymans, the main body of the blaster...
[Image: DSCF6977.JPG]

As you can see they fit together perfectly...
[Image: DSCF6978.JPG]

Then I cut the ejector to the desired length, 115mm. I also cut slots to slide over the screws that hold the handle and magazine receiver to the pipe.
[Image: DSCF6979.JPG]
I also put a disc in the end about 3mm from the end to help hold the spring when that goes in.
[Image: DSCF6980.JPG]
Next I put tape on to get a nice helical line for the ejector details and go at it with the Dremel...
[Image: DSCF6981.JPG]
With a little bit more of a clean up it should look pretty schmik!
[Image: DSCF6982.JPG]

I hope this will be of help.
Royalguard