Hello another newbie!
Hi

I'm another newbie to all this kinda of thing based in Ningi (Caboolture/Bribie Island QLD) ... my interest in this is getting eye rolls from the better half but shes happy i have something to keep me out of her way.

Been doing some Nerf painting and modifying and kind of what to go that next level of doing a costume (if nothing else i'll be set for halloween and fancy dress parties for a few years to come)

Got my eye on doing a episode 3 Clone Trooper if any one out there can direct me on best places to research/deal with?

Thanks
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Duras! Good luck in getting a start on something exciting. Imperial Surplus has lots of VERY COOL things. There's a group of guys on here looking to make a bulk order...maybe something that might take your interest...

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4112.html
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
unfortunately I'm too fresh a newbie to follow that link Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi mate and welcome!

Make sure to spend plenty of time reading through the threads here. There is plenty of information to help you achieve exactly what you are looking for. Make sure to ask plenty of questions. We have a vast array of members both willing and able to help you out. Most importantly, don't rush! You'll be happier getting things right the first time than having to scrap things and start again.

As for the episode 3 clone trooper, we have a number of members who have done clones and will be more than happy to help you out.

If you are able to make it, there is an Armour Party this Saturday at Hopfots place. Many of us will be attending so it's a fantastic opportunity to ask questions face to face and actually get a hands-on look at some of our costumes and props. Send a PM to Hopfot for his address if you can come.

Good luck and happy trooping!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

yeah saw the Armour party thread... have my parents coming over though so found out just too late Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Duras! I myself am a recent inductee to the forums, and I gotta say, they're a fantastic bunch of people here Notworthy you've come to the right place.

As for the Clone Trooper armour, excellent choice Wink I myself am looking at getting some S4 Grunt armour - looks amazing. I'm not going to try to push anything on you, buuut:

http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php...opic=16351

Check out that link (join those forums to see it, takes 20 seconds) and see what you think of that armour; that's the quality you could be dealing with :D I plan to order through these guys soon. However, as Buzzard just said, the best place to start is by talking to the Clones: they know best!
[Image: SithEmperorCitadell.jpg]
Hi there Duras, welcome to the Redback forums, the best Garrison in Australia. Everyone here is really helpfull, so if you need info, a hand or just guidance, just ask. This 'hobby/interest' can be a little expensive, so the more questions you ask, the less mistakes you make.

I haven't done a clone, but will be doing one shortly. We have a few who have done clones, as Tim said, some of us are thinking of doing a group order if you are interested.

Best of of luck and try to get along to a troop or an AP to see how we do things.

SniperSmile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hey there mate..and welcome to the Redbacks.

As someone has said before check out clonetrooper.net for all things clone troopers. I will be looking at an animated clone either later this year or early next year depends on money.

PM Muppet for any info about the clone armour.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the redbacks Duras Doppeldaumen1 . Feel free to ask plenty of questions, when making/choosing armor it is always better to ask too many "silly" questions than not enough "smart" ones. Also don't worry about the other half this is a family friendly interest and many partners and children have willing joined up when they get to see what we do. Eyebrows
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Well from my hunting around the threads already i def think i'm going to wait till the next AP I can make it too so before i spend too much of the galactic credits to make sure i get one that i can fit in to without too much rework Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome to the Redbacks!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome, the Clones are coming on strong, very popular with the kids too as that's what they've grown up with. Good luck with your decision, hope to see you at a troop or AP soon.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
not that young anymore unfortunately... i just prefer the design Smile

have to get my daughter a Jawa outfit one day too... not sure how much a 2 year will care but thats not in important Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome aboard mate!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Welcome!!