Have I been Burnt, Again ?
The Blaster that turned up today from Jedi-robe.com
Thoughts please ?
Send it back or is it good enough or a good base/place to start to create something better?
I feel a bit let down by its style/finish.
Thanks for any feedback
[attachment=1274]
[attachment=1272]
[attachment=1273]
[attachment=1270]
[attachment=1269]
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Looks ok to me, (depending on what version of TK you're doing, I will assume ANH stunt) the front site looks a bit odd, but should be fine for 501st approval.

From the CRL,

BlasTech E-11
For 501st approval:
Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

For level two certification (if applicable):
Folding stock (does not need to function).
A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
D-ring mounted on the rear.
Correct style scope.
Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.
Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.
No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.

For level three certification (if applicable):
Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
Looks about as good as a hasbro conversation does so should be fine to my eye
DW2013 to DW2018
It looks like it will do the job. But you can always add whatever detail you like to it. Remember, anything can be cut, glued, bogged and sanded.

Maybe some new lenses on the scope might tart it up a bit Eyebrows
[Image: DSCF7086.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7084.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7015.JPG]

Okay...self promotion finished...sorry, couldn't help myself Lol
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Remember to bring some of those to the awards party Tim Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
The originals weren't very flashy, the E-11 is the basic workhorse rifle of the stormtrooper, so they used old sterling machine guns, added a couple of small parts (commonly known as "greeblies" on the forums) and made them look like they were from another galaxy, but ultimately, they were still just an old deactivated Sterling, and the battlefield finish was pretty much unaltered. That one is actually more detailed than some of the others, the mounting rail under the scope is correct for one, which is something not a lot of people do with a conversion.

With the finish, it's still looks pretty "new" so you could play with some sanding and paint to give it a bit more of a weathered/battlefield used look, but that's up to you, and what level of replication/accuracy that you're going to chase, the blaster isn't something that is actually required for 501st approvals, due to weapons laws in some countries, so you have a little bit of freedom in the exact details of the finish.
Keep in mind that not all of the blasters used in the movie were exactly the same. Here is a pic of the Master Replicas version.

[Image: MR-SW-126_anh_stblastle_lg.jpg]

It does not have the counter or power cylinders either.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

It looks OK but what did you pay for it. The only thig i dont like is the T track as its done like the Hasbro toys.
Looks alright. But it depends on how much you paid for it. The end of the folding stock should protrude past the muzzle and the details could probably be a bit sharper ... What's it made of?? You can pick up a doopy doos full resin kit fairly cheaply now, and Darth Voorhees over on FISD is working on a new and more accurate blaster kit for a pipe build...not sure when he'll be finished though.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
you can always grind off the fins and replace them... i like the look of it, just a matter of the level of accuracy you're going for.. great to have at kids troops.... Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
yeah if it didn't cost you too much its looks like a reasonable launching point to mod from, or at least will tide you over to attempt a pipe build

Bet you didn't expect the blaster to be a bigger discussion point then the armour Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Thank you all for the tips/comments. Really appreciated.
I think id like to do mods to a few things on it after looking at lotsa pics.
Cheers
      FNG
Wadda ya think of this one?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22...ntry277436
      FNG
If you're going to drop that sort of coin I think you're better off looking at a Resin Blaster from Crypto here. I purchased one from him for my TK and it's awesome. They also pass approval right up to & including Centurion.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Thursday 29-Nov-2012, 11:39 PM)BIDS Wrote:  If you're going to drop that sort of coin I think you're better off looking at a Resin Blaster from Crypto here. I purchased one from him for my TK and it's awesome. They also pass approval right up to & including Centurion.

Bids is right, Crypto is the best !!! get one from him. The one you bought looks awesome. I will swap you for my hasbro Wink
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15