Hi All
I'm Rick from Brisbane, I have seen the 501st in action in the queen street mall and thought it was the coolest. I have not cozzie just yet and would love some advice on how to get started and joining local chapters. I have been a fan since the day and have clocked the original trilogy well past 500 for all three. I always loved a New Hope the best but still get a chill hearing leia scream it's a trap in Empire and I think secretly I like it more now especially the luke vader confrontation. Wasn't a huge fan of the prequels but think they redeemed themselves with Revenge of the Sith when they finally got some emotion into the film. I'm at a toss up where to go with the cossie, love the original stormtrooper, (was my favourite action figure) and always preferred the empire for costume, characters and ships. Had a full set of action figures including the original mattel set and speeder plus x-wing, veered into model making when I was older, particularly tie interceptors, still got a couple of original figures lying around including the wampa but their condition is terrible. I have the dvd and blu ray box sets and I've only got to throw Empire on and I'm twelve again. I'd love to go Vader as I'm 6'6, solid and have the voice, but I'm guessing there would already be a few as who else could you want to be? If anyone has suggestions on alternates or help and idea's for a vader cozzie they would be welcomed.
Hi Rick, you can never have enough Vaders running around. In this climate being in a Vader suit isn't something you want to do all day, so having a few of them is a good thing because everyone wants a pic with the big man!!

Good luck with your journey towards the Dark Side. There is an Armour Party (AP) on this Saturday, if you want to come and say g'day and meet the boys and girls behind the masks. Just have a look in the "Upcoming Events" section.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome to the forums Rick.

First step is to work out what costume you want. There are not many Vaders because it is quite a difficult costume to do and expensive. Have a read through the forums and think about what costume inspires you. Its a personal choice, take your time and maybe try to get to an armour party where you can see some costumes up close.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Hi Rick, Welcome to the Redback Forums...

Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi Rick,
I'm new here too. I'm starting a Vader but being 6'4" someone suggested to me Darth Malgus which I thought was a pretty cool idea. They seem to like it a lot when Vaders are trooping with them because he develops a big crowd.
The Star Wars universe is so huge, I can browse Wookipedia for hours looking at the different characters. There's so many cool characters to choose from.
Welcome aboard, Rick!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

hi mate welcomce to the best garrison in the universe Smile

Ask any questions u want the only silly one is the one u dont ask and there is a wealth of knowledge within the garrison
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Welcome Rick. Great idea on the Vader, especially with your height, very jealous. Seriously though it would be awesome to have another Vader as when we've got a Vader on the photo booth people are lined up waiting for photos. As it's such a hot costume it's not comfortable for long periods so a roster system makes it easier for the members involved.

I did mention to Slothlike that if I was as tall as him I'd love to do Malgus, and 6'6" would be just about perfect. It's a very involved and expensive costume though.

Don't write off the Storm Trooper though as there are plenty of tall troopers in the USA. One that comes to mind is Darth Aloha in Hawaii, his costume is awesome and he's already approved for EIB and I think is going to work on Centurion. He's got an awesome build thread over on FISD that has become my bible during my build.

Anyway enough dribble from me, have fun with your research and I look forward to meeting you at an AP or Troop at some stage.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Smile
Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forums, and the very best of luck on whatever you decide.
Hi there Rick and welcome to the Redback forums. Doing Lord Vader is one very cool or hot costume, you know what I mean. Best of luck whatever your choice.Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome to the Redback Forums, We have plenty of experienced Vader builders to help you out if you choose to go down that path.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
The crowd go ape for Vader! It's not the easiest way into the 501st Legion - but Vader is always a headliner!

Welcome aboard!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi Rick!
I'm a cadet too and a Star Wars fan since I was 5.
You've come to the right place to indulge in your love of Star Wars and a great way to put it to good use too in the community. There are are so many talented people here very willing to help you and share what they know from experience in building a costume.
Good luck and hope to see you in the Sith robes in the future!
Cheers
Rebelrach
G'day Rick!

We already have a couple of Vaders, but more are always welcome!

The initial cost of a fully approved Vader may be off-putting to most to begin with, so if you choose to go down that path then make sure you thoroughly research the particular version of Vader you wish to make.

The Sithlord Detachment:

http://501stsithlords.com/

is the best place possible to start your research.

Don't let your height dictate your choice either, as there are many other costumes which you can comfortably wear.

Look forward to trooping with you soon!

Kev Vader