Hey guys!
Hey guys,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Steve and I’m from South East Brisbane. Ever since I was a child I have always wanted my very own Stormtrooper costume! Actually when I was younger I even had the pleasure of seeing you guys in action at an event in Brisbane and ever since then I have been following the 501st and Redback Garrison with the dream of one day proudly donning my own TK armour.

Today is that day! I’ve finally decided that I’m going to embark on the perilous journey to get my very own Stormtrooper costume (Either ANH Hero or ROTJ) and hopefully apply to become a contributing member of the 501st and Redback Garrison!! The first step is getting my own TK armour.. I have heard this can be quite a challenge to get something up to the 501st standard. Unfortunately I don’t currently possess the skills to craft my own armour set from scratch so I was looking into purchasing a good base set that I would be able to use and modify it myself to get it up to the 501st standard!

From the research that I have done on whitearmour.net, the RS propmaster kits seem to be generally liked. I was wondering what you guys think of the RS Prop Masters kits (http://www.rspropmasters.com/) Has anyone from Redback Garrison purchased one of these sets? Or know someone that has? If so, what did you think of it? I was looking at purchasing their “Fully Loaded Armour + Helmet kit”. Upon receiving the kit how much modification would I have to do to it in order for it to be up to the 501st standard?

Sorry for the novel lol. I look forward to joining the Redback Garrison ranks and to start trooping with you guys Smile

Thanks in advance everyone.

Steve.
Welcome to the Redbacks Steve
Welcome to the Redbacks Ich3go. Stormtroopers are one of iconic costumes of all time and is a great choice. It sounds like you've done a fair bit of research already, and the next step would be to come along to an Armour Party and see some armour up close and maybe see some being put together.

The next Armour Party is on the 3rd of Feb at Birkdale so if you are free come along and meet some of the garrison and start getting answers to your questions.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the Redbacks mate....good luck on the journey, always ask heaps of questions and try and make it to an armour party.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Smile
Type: RS Prop Masters
Kit: 1.5mm ABS or 1.5mm PVC, untrimmed, only 1st Generation cast of an original ANH armor. Is Expert Infantry ready out of the box, and Centurion ready with very little work on the accessories (hand guards and such).
Assembly: Parts are untrimmed and requires cover-strip and butt-joining for assembly.
Options:
6. "Fully loaded" - Accessory package, when bought together with armor. Contains strapping kit, latex handguards, rubber gloves, canvas belt, etc..
Comments: The newest maker on the market and the only 1st Generation cast of an original ANH armor. Comes unaltered with all the good and bad that brings. May require more skill to assemble than other kits. Extremely accurate when assembled with care. Armour is more generous than SDS or AP, but not as large as RT-mod.

Welcome Steve,
As per the info on FISD the RS is very accurate armor, but can be tricky to assemble. Keep in mind you get the armor components but still have to assemble it to suit your body size & shape.
It's a nice choice if it suits your body size, and especially if you're thinking about ANH as to gain Centurion accuracy you now need to assemble using the cover strip method which is necessary with this armor anyway.
There are plenty of build threads both here and on FISD to give you and idea of the work involved for assembly.
Good luck with your decision, have fun.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the forums Steve!
Bloody hell Bids, show off Wink he he he

No one likes a know it all....................................... But I love ya ..ha ha ha

Welcome mate, listen to Bids he is awesome
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome!

It's not as hard as it looks... It just takes time, and beer.... Lots of beer....

Oh wait...
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Bids is a rockstar!

Welcome to the redback forums and good luck with the build Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Woot! Love build threads! Good luck with your build, and make sure to post up lots of progress shots!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Mate there is nothing more accurate than RS Prop Masters kits but at around $1350 + postage it’s a lot of money for just a kit. If you can afford the best kit out there get it but remember you will also need all the other stuff such as boots, gloves, holster, under suit, neck seal, belt etc. Just remember there is a lot of help here tho.
Wow thanks for the warm welcome guys Smile. Thanks Stormraven for the invite to the armour party I would love to come and meet some of you guys! I'm supposed to be getting two of my wisdom teeth out on the 2nd of Feb so hopefully I will be well enough to attend the next day. A lot of great advice here in this thread so far (Thank you very much BIDS! Smile) Yeah I have decided that I will go with RS. Will definitely start up a build thread once things start happening!
eeek wisdom teeth out.... wouldnt be holding your breath on making it Sad but good luck to ya
DW2013 to DW2018
Ich3go welcome mate!
(I'm only new too don't worry!)
This is a great Garrison that are really supportive. They have an enormous amount of experience and are always happy to answer questions,which can prevent costly mistakes and save time and effort, so ask away (I still do!)
Good luck with your build, there will be more armour parties so if you can't make the coming one don't fret too much.