Greetings
all good haha, Ill give it a few days.. I do have 8 months at least to prep :P
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Not sure what is wrong with cosplaysky atm but as you said give it some time. There is also a glove run being arranged ( http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5975.html )so its a good time to get on board with those, and start looking for "Jack Boot" style footwear.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Zac, looks like you've received plenty of good advice. Enjoy your stay. See if you can get along to a Troop or AP at some stage to meet some troops and get your account verified for extra access. There is a troop in Maroochydore next Friday afternoon if you can make it.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
I can actually, cause I finish study early on Friday. Thanks for the heads up

Probably should not trust ebay but,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WWII-GERMAN-E...4aa602884a
good buy? considering the price?
(Saturday 9-Mar-2013, 11:59 PM)wrigzach Wrote:  I can actually, cause I finish study early on Friday. Thanks for the heads up

I'll bring a spare shirt and if you want you can help wrangle for us.

Probably should not trust ebay but,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WWII-GERMAN-E...4aa602884a
good buy? considering the price?

They look pretty good mate, most members have purchased their Jack Boots off of ebay from a seller in the UK. They run about the same price, but generally the postage is a little dearer, so if you're happy with the sizing on these go for it.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Another sunny coastian! Yay!

Welcome ^_^
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Zac, looks like you're on your way to becoming TIE Pilot or at least a standby pilot at this this time.
Something we warn every new person starting out is be very careful of any costume pieces that appear on ebay. Always ask and verify first, having said that, it's where we all get our German Jack boots from (and they can be used for multiple costumes, why stop at one).
Get on the Jolly Roger Squadron forum and get yourself on the list if someone is doing a 'run' of chest boxes and com pads (I have a com pad from Targ and it's pretty cool). Be patient, some of the runs can take weeks/months to happen.
If you ever find yourself up in Central Queensland drop us line and we'll see if we can arrange something.

That would be so cool, a Tie Pilot that is really a pilot Lol

You'll have to remember to keep a tally on being asked this question:
[Image: TiePilotNotVader_zps27914f9c.jpg]
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
I'm actually going back to Mackay for a week in April if that's what you mean by central QLD
Hey Zac those boots look pretty good the ones I got for my Pilot/Officer were these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/German-Army-B...1c0c8dfee8 but those still look ok. Dont worry about the name calling by the public even if they do call us pilots Vader at least the know we are from Star Wars and not Star Trek. Lol
Duty * Honor * Empire

TIE Pilot Cheeky
I don't think there will be much name calling :P haha most of my mates love the film so should be all good but I don't mind :P I was planning on even a gunner cause that's the closest to a 'engineer' I could find cause that would match my actual studies profession but I don't really like it... Might get it later on though

Btw when I do get the boots should I polish them mirror like or keep them plain?
And again the Reserve Pilot would give a pretty good start on getting a Gunner started.
Duty * Honor * Empire

TIE Pilot Cheeky
Alright so I have looked into boots and getting the pair from the uk (thanks for the link stormraven) and now cosplaysky is working so just get the pilot suit from there? Cause they seem to have the hat and belt to.
Belt and hat from there isn't up to scratch your better with the local made ones mentioned earljer
DW2013 to DW2018
Cool, thanks Smile
Welcome to the forums Zac!