Hi!...Oh and help please
Hi all!

So I've owned ST armour for a couple of years now but haven't had the chance to make the necessary changes to join the 501st. But now that I can I really want to (like really really). The main modifications I need to make are the belt (I've got the plastic part and just got a canvas belt but I am not sure of the best way to attach the two) and also adjusting pieces to make them more wearable (I wore it to uni the last 2 years for Star Wars Day and only just survived). So I would really appreciate any tips and such (or a direction to existing instructions) cause I am looking forward to joining your ranks.

Thanks guys!
Hey mate and welcome to the boards.
By ST I gather you're talking Stormtrooper, or as we say around here TK.
Your best bet would be to go along to one of our armour parties and get some first hand help.
If you can make it to an AP then checkout some of the TK builds in the Armour progress thread as well as FISD at whitearmour.net
Good luck with the build.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
There is a massive Armour Party next Saturday. If you can make it, bring your kit along so you can get a hands on opinion of what needs to be done for approval. By the looks of your avatar, you have an FX kit. The helmets made for that kit are a larger scale than the standard. It can give some troopers the "bobble head" effect. Most troopers opt for a MR/EFX helmet, which you can buy online for about $200, and with some mods, will be approvable.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hi, and Welcome to the Redback forums... Smile
Where abouts are you located...?

Glad to hear that you've got a canvas belt now...

Check out, and sign up at
www.whitearmor.net

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome!

Where abouts are you based? As the guys have already mentioned, getting to an armour party is one of the BEST ways to learn about how to get things up to spec, and get you into the legion and trooping, so much of what you've read on the forums will make sense once you've seen it in the flesh (or should that be plastic?)

You can also check out the FISD, which is the place for Stormy related stuff, you can find them at this link,

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

You may also want to drop a PM to Seantrooper, who is the official FISD attache for the Redbacks as well
As payney said, it looks like you have an fx helmet. Ideally you should change it out for a more accurate one, there is a thread over on FISD with contact details for reliable armour vendors. An from ATA or NE wold most likely be cheaper than an eFX one, and be acceptable without any modifications, you just have to put it together as it comes in kit form.

If you have any further questions feel free to send me a pm Smile
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Welcome, "you've taken your first step into a larger world". OK cheesy Star Wars Quote done.

Plenty of good advice here already. An AP would be your best shot as you can have a look at various options in how suits are webbed ect. FISD is an awesome source of info for the TK.

Hope to see you at an AP in future.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
I kind of want one of those old FX style helmets, just as a collectible sort of thing...
Welcome....nothing more to add looks like you are getting all the right advice. Let us know where you are based and maybe you can get to an AP soon.

Just keep asking questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
oh yeah, in case you are confused or haven't picked it up, AP = Armour Party Wink

Basically just a get together to work on armour/drink/BBQ

GCSN13
(Wednesday 27-Mar-2013, 04:21 PM)seantrooper Wrote:  oh yeah, in case you are confused or haven't picked it up, AP = Armour Party Wink

Basically just a get together to work on armour/drink/BBQ

But not necessarily in that order :P
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Wednesday 27-Mar-2013, 04:21 PM)seantrooper Wrote:  oh yeah, in case you are confused or haven't picked it up, AP = Armour Party Wink

To make it more confusing, AP is also a type of TK (ie Stormtrooper) armour Wink
Mostly drink Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Did someone say BBQ and drinks?

Welcome, pretty sure all the basic questions have been answered here so I wish you luck with your build Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
here's the thread with the vetted armour makers

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...msearch__1

GCSN13