Galactic Academy
Hi,
Just want to say a quick thanks to the members of the 501st for making my son's day so special at Supanova last Sunday (mini Boba Fett, who tagged along in the march). He - we -are keen Star Wars fans and after many previous unsuccessful attempts due to web site issues, he is now a member of the Galactic Academy.
He is very keen to attend more functions (if that is permitted) and I was hoping to find out if he will be able to join in with the 501st at Dreamworld (we will be there to support the event in any case).
Since first meeting members if the 501st at Astro Pete's last year, I have been seriously looking at joining up myself (just need to find the time to make the gear) and have been keeping a close eye on Peter's progress with his Clone Trooper Armour - I'm working on a Z-6 rotary blaster that I hope he might be able to use. Now if I can just convince my wife it's all an "investment" for a good cause ......
Look forward to meeting you all again in the 4th.
Welcome Sniper Im glad you and your son had a great time with us at SupaNova, he was a great addition to the march Doppeldaumen1 and hopefully he will be able to get some pics with a full size Boba Fett at DreamWorld. As a member of the Galatic Academy he will be more than welcome to join us at Dreamworld, rhough there will be some restrictions on entering parts of the change area. You may not have access to this part ofthe forum yet but here is the GA signup thread http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5961.html if you cant access it pm Kev Vader with your sons GA number.

As for yourself there are a few "soft" costumes that are a bit more time friendly than a clone trooper ( Officers, Jawa, Rebel Fleet Troopers ) so when you come to Dreamworld we talk to you some more about those then.

And one of the best ways of convincing a wife that its a good investment is to get her into a costume as well Eyebrows though that my depend on her
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the Redback forums, both Sniper and Mini Boba Fett... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
I know my wife was a bit iffy about me doing a stormtrooper (but our rule has been what each other does with their pocket money is their own business).

Now she thinking of joining up to cause she see how we are helping good causes plus that its made me a more social then normal and she feels she missing out now Smile

As Stormraven said though a relatively quick cheap soft option costume will let you join in the middle of the fun with your mini-fett and not look out of place (the standard choice would be the Imperial Staff Officer in black). I'm looking forward to trick or treating the neighbourhood with my daughter in a ANH Leia costume myself Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
(Saturday 27-Apr-2013, 07:55 AM)Duras Wrote:  I'm looking forward to trick or treating the neighbourhood with my daughter in a ANH Leia costume myself Smile

Aaaah You'll be the scariest Princess Leia in the neighbourhood Duras Cheeky
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
not quite as bad as the one in that Jimmy Kimmel/Harrison Ford interview but yes it would be fairly scary
DW2013 to DW2018
Heya Sniper, welcome to RBG.....

hmmm "Sniper" and "The Sniper"..... this could get confusing.
Agreed. You should prob choose a new name asap. Sniper is a members name already.
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Hi Sniper , welcome !!! There are quite a few families that troop together, you could let your wife know., my husband and I are both approved members, my 9 yr old son is a GA member and my two younger daughters are about to be GA members. We all love doing it. Bring your wife to an Armor party and we can help convince herEyebrows
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
(Saturday 27-Apr-2013, 02:50 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  Hi Sniper , welcome !!! There are quite a few families that troop together, you could let your wife know., my husband and I are both approved members, my 9 yr old son is a GA member and my two younger daughters are about to be GA members. We all love doing it. Bring your wife to an Armor party and we can help convince herEyebrows

yep we can dig out the old water-boarding/hypnotism/conversion kit Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome. It was great to meet you and mini Fett... He was just awesome. I was the short red-head chick that he walked with in the parade. It would be fantastic to have you and your family to be a part of us
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Thanks to everyone for your replies and good advice (especially Ashbash, for watching over "Mini Fett" on the march to Supanova).
We are looking forward to catching up with everyone again at Dreamworld next week.
Today, my wife actually asked what I was doing with the electrics, barrels and parts for the Z-6 I am starting to assemble - when I explained, she said "that's nice" - I think that's a good start ??? (or else she has absolutely no idea what a Z-6 is).
Regards to all
Hi Sniper and welcome! My husband and I are both members and my 9yr old daughter and 6 1/2 year old son are GA members. The more families that join and the more GA kids the better.
Show your wife the DVD "Heart of an Empire" - that should convince her to join and be part of the awesome charity work we do!
Welcome aboard, sniper!

There's an armour party coming up on the 18th of May in the Jimboomba area that you're welcome to attend. We're getting together to work on armour, weapons etc so it would be a great opportunity to come down and work on your Z6. Your wife and kids are welcome to come, too. If you're interested, my wife and I will also be at Dreamworld and we can chat further.

Cheers!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Hi Sniper
I met you and your wonderful little Boba Fett just before the march (I was in a Rebel trooper costume) and your son really blew me away with his costume and his confidence! So great to hear he's now in the Galactic Acadamy too.
We look forward to seeing you all at Dreamworld and happy to chat about costume possibilties for you.
A lot of us that aren't into the full armour do 'soft costumes' which are ones such as Imperial Officers. They are good in that they're comfortable to wear, look great and allow you to support the more 'armoured' costumes.
See you May 4th!