Howdy
Hi there,

My name's Damian. Some of you guys met me at Supanova (Gold Coast & Brisbane) as Darth Maul.

I'm a cosplayer who's looking to join up, once I've got some feedback on my costume.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Damian
Hi Damian and welcome to the Redbacks.

Have a read of the Costume Reference Library (CRL) for Maul. This will give you the minimum requirements for the Maul costume.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL-Maul
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard
welcome mate, the level of quality of costumes in the 501st is rising everyday and we are always striving to obtain perfection in our Redback garrison. The guidlines are there to help you and me reach that supreme level of perfection so if you need to make changes don't take it too personally, I had to make at least 10 changes to my first TK costume before it was approved.
We are here to help and guide you in your journey and we all love seeing pics of a build during your progress. So put up some pics and a few people who know alot about Maul's costume will give you some tips and guidance to get it up to approval level.

Look forward to meeting you as I never got the chance at SN as I was busy selling raffle tickets Smile

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome Alpa I think I saw you you at GCSN and it looked pretty good, but the hardest part of a doing Darth Maul isnt the clothes but the tattoos. Follow the links Phantom has provided and that will give some more ideas on what to do.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hey,
Yay, glad you made it onto the Forums.

I met you and your Twi lek friend, and I was the one who kept pestering you both to join us. Hehe.

I was dressed in the Imperial Crewman costume at the parade, then mostly in a yellow Supanova shirt for the rest of the day.

Like Scope (and I) said, don't take it personally if there are a few things you need to adjust. We all have to do it. It's what helps us be extra awesome.

But, you are well on your way to being approved in no time.

I can't wait to troop with you guys very soon.

If you think you can make it along to Dreamworld this weekend, come and see us in action at our biggest troop of the year. Smile
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Welcome to the Forums Smile
Welcome !
welcome Smile

Research heaps, ask lots of questions, and be willing to make the changes you need to and you'll be part of the 501st before you know it!
Hi Alpha! I saw you too at the parade and spoke to your girlfriend.
Great to see you made it this far to the Forums!
You picked an amazing costume but a pretty complex one too!
Did you get to meet Ray Park on Saturday?!! LOL
Best of luck with your costume, ask questions, get feedback and don't forget to enjoy yourself!
lol i was the other one that was pestering you and your girlfriend to join up haha i was the short girl with the red hair.
welcome to the forums. Keep an eye out for armour parties so you can come hang out with us all and you can get a chance to talk costumes and whatnot Smile can I just say, that pink twilek that your girlfriend had was AMAZING!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome!
Look forward to seeing you get your maul to 501st standards, from what I saw of it, it looked pretty good Smile
Definitely a very cool costume to have!
Clones are cooler
Welcome Damian, nice for you to have your girlfriend onboard too mate, makes it that much easier & more enjoyable.

Good luck with your Maul.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Damian to the Redback forums. Your Maul on the GCSN looked pretty good. Hope to catch you up on a troop soon.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Thanks for the awesome welcome guys!!! And thanks for the invites during Supanova too. Smile

Yeah, Satay's (Sarah's) pink Twi'lek is pretty super.

I checked out the Sith Lord Detachment's Maul recommendations. And emailed the Redback's GML links (for new gloves & boots) for club approval.

Once all the costume parts are approved, I'll take new pics and submit the application.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at events & meet ups. Doppeldaumen1