Hi there
Hi my name is Gertrude aka Amanda and I wish to join your fine group if possible. Smile I wish to be involved with volunteering and fundraising and believe your group does great things to help out charities. I am friends with Ash (Oigen) (please don't hold that against me, lol) That is how I found out about your group. I have met a couple of you already, but I look forward to the meeting the rest of you guys. Peace
Welcome to the Redbacks Gertrude ( even if you friends with Oigen Cheeky ). You are more than welcome to choose your level of involvement with the garrison, and while we encourage members to get "fully" involved ( by getting them into costume ) there are members who stay cadets for long periods of time and still make great contributions to our fundraising.

I would encourage you to get a "simple" costume like a Imperial Crewman or a Rebel Fleet Trooper as they are easy to troop and wrangle in and also enhance the Star Wars look of the event. It also opens up more access to the garrisons forums so you would get a better idea of what is going on "behind the scenes". But ultimately it is up to you, once again welcome and enjoy yourself.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Gertrude

i'm sure Oigen already given you good start of information and as Stormraven said a soft costume can be done easier and cheaper then the full armour and has you fitting in the scene smoother Smile

Other then that dont hesitate to ask questions no matter if you feel silly as everyone here has prob be there before and is happy to pass on the info
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi there Amanda, Ash is a good bloke, not too fond of us Rebel Scum for reasons that he may have told you.

Plenty of troops here that can help you out with your costume choice.

Have fun!Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome Amanda, you're in good hands with Ash so I'll just say I'm looking forward to meeting you at a troop sometime soon.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
yes i am the one responsible for releasing amanda amongst us. don't worry all i shall lead her into the dark side as the light side is smelly and they don't have cookies
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
Hi Amanda, welcome to the forums. I look forward to meeting you on a troop sometime
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi Amanda. Welcome to the Redbacks!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome welcome!
Clones are cooler
Welcome Amanda!
Welcome Smile
Thank you everyone Smile unfortunately I don't have a costume yet. Sad I was thinking of dressing as Mara Jade.. Do you think this will be easy to source?!
Hi Amanda and welcome to the redback forums. Ash and Luke have told me all about you Wink I was the one that stole Luke from southport Cheeky
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Monday 29-Apr-2013, 11:40 PM)gertrude Wrote:  Thank you everyone Smile unfortunately I don't have a costume yet. Sad I was thinking of dressing as Mara Jade.. Do you think this will be easy to source?!

There is a guy over in Argentina ( also a 501st member ) who sells this version of Mara Jade http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wars-Pro...1e7984d2eb But there are a few different costumes she wears. You can find some build threads and other information about how to build her costumes by joining this detachment http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Smile