Josh from Brisbane!
Alright. Either way im not buying anything for weeks so I have plenty of time to think about it. Just really excited. In the meantime, what can I do to help out or anything like that?
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 10:52 PM)SirLanky Wrote:  Would something like this be appropriate?

oops meant to link this one
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial...rsion.html

Yes that's definitely the one you want. It helps to send them some extra measurements and stress that you have measured you waist correctly and don't want a set of clown pants (it's a long story. There jackets fit like a glove, but they have a habit of making their pants big enough to fit 2 people into).
Hey SirLanky
Welcome to the Redback forums! You're keen that's great!
I also love the fact that Artemis,one of our newest Cadets is encouraging you too!
We have quite a few officers here and they have all given you good leads.
Your 2nd link is the right one for an Imperial Officer costume. DO NOT BUY THE HAT FROM THEM THOUGH. It is not good enough quality. We have a few members who make them from the Garrison.
Of course you can come see us all and chat with us, we won't bite. Check out the costumes you like that we'll all be wearing and we'll help you with how to source the items when you're ready.
See you at Dreamworld!
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 11:05 PM)SirLanky Wrote:  Alright. Either way im not buying anything for weeks so I have plenty of time to think about it. Just really excited. In the meantime, what can I do to help out or anything like that?

In the meantime keep a eye on the Events page and you can sign up to wrangle (generally help out with getting the costumes on and off, and stopping those with sight impairing costumes killing themselves), and for armour parties so you can see how things go together (one coming up mid May down southside)
DW2013 to DW2018
With the boots it depends on whether you want to do Staff or Warrant Officer a Staff Offficer will need riding boots but a Warrant Officer can use the same boots as a reserve pilot. For some more discussion about this you can join the Officer forums http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/ or the Pilot forums http://www.jrsdetachment501st.org/
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
I guess I have plenty of time to think about it. Will there be some Imperial Officers at the Dreamworld thing on sunday?
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 11:25 PM)SirLanky Wrote:  I guess I have plenty of time to think about it. Will there be some Imperial Officers at the Dreamworld thing on sunday?

With over 100 troopers in costume, I'm sure there might be a couple here and there. :P
2... Maybe 3 tops Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Oh Yes there will be Officers, Crewman, and Reserve Pilots as they make a great default wrangler costume. I think the only Officer type you won't see will be an Imperial Security Bereau Officer.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 11:04 PM)Duras Wrote:  I've heard other people do this but don't know if anyone here themselves has done it but ...

you might want to try asking if they can do the black version 2 uniform in the grey fabric, also then ask for some extra material which you can supply to SideshowMel to make her more accurate hat in then colour matching fabric.

Also I might wait for Phantom to weigh in on that one (he's the approval officer) in case there is anything i'm missing ... I think all the officers uniforms were the same pattern but not 100% confident Smile

Grey is not 501st acceptable,

Welcome aboard Josh
(Wednesday 1-May-2013, 07:21 AM)muppet Wrote:  Grey is not 501st acceptable,

Welcome aboard Josh

Cool - there you are then no Grey for you Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome aboard , once you tk armour you never look back

(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 11:29 PM)stormraven Wrote:  Oh Yes there will be Officers, Crewman, and Reserve Pilots as they make a great default wrangler costume. I think the only Officer type you won't see will be an Imperial Security Bereau Officer.

I working on that one storm raven as I love to be imp sec lol
Cheers
Wolf
If you go cosplay sky 1 good measurement to make sure you give them would be your neck circumference. As the collars on the jackets are meant to fit the neck perfectly this will be a handy measurement to provide them with.
Clones are cooler
This is pretty much the definitive thread on building an ID.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-3988.html

I put the following extra info in the comments section of the order to help get a better fit, in addition to the measurements they request:

Quote:Please do not make the pants extra large.
Extra measurements:
Neck: xx cm
Shoulder Width: xx cm
Hip: xx cm
Arm hole circumference: xx cm
Wrist circumference: xx cm
I'll just throw in here that my mum ("stitch" on the forums) is a dressmaker and can custom-fit and make an Imperial Officer uniform & hat of a fairly high quality (a couple of people in the garrison have IDs from her).
Its a little more expensive then stuff on the web, but its custom-tailored, custom made, and the patterns used are made from scratch from the 501st ID requirements list.
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)