cavx reporting for duty
(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 08:17 AM)SupaTrooper Wrote:  CAVX you finally made it here!
I had the opportunity to meet your better half enjoying the fun in the sun at this years RGB-DW.
She's keen to get a costume too and we all look forward to seeing what your going to come up with here. Redbacks thrive on "making the first of" anything Star Wars so get on board mate.

Yes, he finally made it... with a little encouragement from his better half. Cheeky
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
welcome to the forums
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Monday 6-May-2013, 10:49 PM)JOker Wrote:  The one you see in ANH is Momaw Nadon, but he's not a bounty hunter, he's a Rebel (you can read why he was there in the EU book "Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantina")

To get one approved into the 501st, you'd need to find approved canon images for them, if you drop Phantom a PM, he'd be able to explain what you'd need better than I can

A bounty hunter Ithorian would be cool and he probably wouldn't mind being called a "hammerhead".

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 08:17 AM)SupaTrooper Wrote:  CAVX you finally made it here!
I had the opportunity to meet your better half enjoying the fun in the sun at this years RGB-DW.
She's keen to get a costume too and we all look forward to seeing what your going to come up with here. Redbacks thrive on "making the first of" anything Star Wars so get on board mate.

Yeah, finally got here. Been tied up with another "universe", and one actually less important than this one.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 09:58 AM)Angelman Wrote:  Cavx I can hook you up with the guy that made this one if you want.
It would be awesome .... it would also be very hot to wear.

Welcome to the start of your amazing journey, I hope you get as much out of this hobby as we do.

[Image: DSC08297.jpg]

That would be awesome. Yeah, that Jedi version is Clone Wars TV. Most of the character I want to build is hidden behind a table in the film (ANH) as he was really just an 'extra' on the set.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 10:24 AM)scope Wrote:  Shannon Weaver is the man you seek, it will cost around $1000 for the head and hands and feet are prob going to be extra. If you search for him on FB otherwise PM me and I will give you his mobile number. He is the best around.

scope

We shall see what I can do. I would like to have a go at making this first. I can imaging to get it SA will require some help.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 10:41 AM)hopfot Wrote:  Just remember though. Being a new-to-legion character, that you work with the LMO and GMO to be sure you can get it approved. Assuming that you will be doing the one from the cantina and he is actually a Star Wars "bad guy".

However, if you did as a Jedi (as pictured in Angelman's post) then it won't be approvable here, but should be in Rebel Legion. Wink

Either way, this will be awesome and an awesome character to see.

Ponda is another I've considered if Momaw Nadon is not on the "bad boy" list.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 01:09 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  Welcome.

The one you see in the Cantina, would fall under the Rebel Legion

That wouldn't matter though. A lot of us are in both Legions, and you would still be very welcome to troop with us either way.

Good luck. Gonna be awesome!

What I like about him is he was the only character (apart from Greedo) to actually have any articulation (his eyes blink) out of all the creatures in the Cantina. We will see what I can come up with as there is limited reference shots of him.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 01:11 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  We LOVE new characters!
If you want to do him as a Rebel, the Rebel Legion is for you. Queensland is part of the Tatooine Base, so you can sign up there. A lot of us are duel members.
Either way, good guy or bad guy, your character sounds great and you've got a lot of resources and helpful folk ready to see you build come to life!
Good luck!!

OK looks like I will have to join up at a few forums.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 07:15 PM)ashbash Wrote:  welcome to the forums

Thank you Smile
Welcome to the Redback Forums Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 08:31 PM)Azrael Wrote:  Welcome to the Redback Forums Smile

Thank you Smile
Welcome aboard, mate!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 09:46 PM)Buzzard Wrote:  Welcome aboard, mate!

Thanks, good to be here.
Welcome Mark,
What an awesome character for a first build. Will be a very interesting build to watch. Good luck and look forward to meeting you at a troop or AP soon.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Wednesday 8-May-2013, 11:59 AM)BIDS Wrote:  Welcome Mark,
What an awesome character for a first build. Will be a very interesting build to watch. Good luck and look forward to meeting you at a troop or AP soon.

Cheers
Craig

Thanks Smile

What will be interesting is collecting reference to his lower half. We don't really know that much about the bottom half because he was sitting at a table in ANH, so there is going to grey areas as to what it cannon and what is just speculation. I think there is one seen in TPM and I think it is from the shoulders up as well.
I attended my first Armor Party with my wife today and would like to thank the host (Buzzard and his wife) for their generous hospitality and for everyone I met allowing me hands on to your kits. I am really pumped about getting TK Armor for myself now. I guess "hammerhead" can still go ahead, just being in shiny white would be really cool Smile

If you friend me on FB, you can see my images from today Smile
White armor is hard to go past but there are still plenty of options out there ( including Ponda Baba)
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Never tooooo late to get dirty! Td

(Saturday 18-May-2013, 11:08 PM)cavx Wrote:  I attended my first Armor Party with my wife today and would like to thank the host (Buzzard and his wife) for their generous hospitality and for everyone I met allowing me hands on to your kits. I am really pumped about getting TK Armor for myself now. I guess "hammerhead" can still go ahead, just being in shiny white would be really cool Smile

If you friend me on FB, you can see my images from today Smile
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Hammerhead is a great caracter and it would be awesome to have one in our group mate, don't let that idea drop !!!
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

(Sunday 19-May-2013, 12:05 AM)stormraven Wrote:  White armor is hard to go past but there are still plenty of options out there ( including Ponda Baba)

LOL, so Ponda is actually a 'bad guy' (has a death sentence is some 12 systems apparently) and not just a graphic designer in the wrong place at the wrong time?

(Sunday 19-May-2013, 12:24 AM)Cavalier Wrote:  Never tooooo late to get dirty! Td

If I was to become a 'sandy', doesn't that mean I need to loose that part on the belly? I guess a sandy is what happens when the armor gets all scratched up.

(Sunday 19-May-2013, 08:44 AM)scope Wrote:  Hammerhead is a great caracter and it would be awesome to have one in our group mate, don't let that idea drop !!!

I think the plan of attack is get cre8tiv in her shiny whites first. Then we can look at getting mine. I was stoked being able to wear the bucket and got a real understanding of how cool it is to get dressed up in that stuff.

Hammerhead is a cool creature and I think I'll start on his feet first to test my sculpting skills. I have a few ideas how I can make this wearable as well as "airy" so I don't cook in the thing.
No... A stormtrooper is what happens when a sandy starts getting bored
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cadet Salbak reporting for duty Salbak 4 2,636 Saturday 2-Nov-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MyKill
  CaptKayJay Reporting for duty CaptKayJay 4 4,387 Tuesday 13-Feb-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Firestorm
  FN-2199 Brisbane reporting for duty Booster 33 39,928 Sunday 11-Jun-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Booster