hi guys !!
Just joined after catching up after the dreamworld weekend. awsome work guys. im looking forward to attending an armour party. whens the next on on the GC? and where ?
Buzzcon is the next one coming up on the 18th. It's not down GC way but is at least south side

Details can be found on the events link
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome to the forums mate.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Welcome Chef do you have any idea on what costume you would like to start with? There are the iconic one like Stormtrooprs which can take a bit of time and effort to put together, than there are some "simpler" options like the Reserve Pilot or Rebel Fleet Trooper which are fairly quick and simple to put together.

If you can make it to the Armor Party great Doppeldaumen1 if not keep an eye on the upcoming events calendar and see if you can come along to one of them.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
thanks guys i will need to look into a entry cost suit, but i want to work on a Boba Fett. thats my goal. ha a question, my son is a huge fan of you guys, is there any junior members ? and can he help and come to a armour party ?
Welcome!
We have a galactic academy for the little guys, they are fast taking over the galaxy with their cuteness!
(Monday 6-May-2013, 10:49 PM)Chef Wrote:  thanks guys i will need to look into a entry cost suit, but i want to work on a Boba Fett. thats my goal. ha a question, my son is a huge fan of you guys, is there any junior members ? and can he help and come to a armour party ?

Hey Chef a good entry level costume is an Reserve Pilot it is a "soft" costume and can be built from "off the rack" items, it is also a very versatile costume as can help wrangle ( do crowd control ) and still look Star Warsie.

Boba Fett is one of the great iconic characters from all the movies but does require a lot of time and money to put together, there aren't too many Fetts in the garrison so anther one would be great to have around.

For some more ideas you can look at the guidelines on the 501st main boards http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

If you saw the parade at DW you would have seen the Galactic Academy group marching with us, this is for under 18 year olds and is a great way for families to troop together. Their requirements are not as strict as ours so many "Halloween" costumes would be suitable for your son to join.

As a general rule children ( aka Jawa's ) are welcome at Armor Parties but you should check the sign up information and be aware that often there are things like Dremels and hot glue guns in use so they may need some supervision.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hey Chef!
Welcome welcome!
You've set your sights on a complex character but of course one of the most popular.
There are a few simple, fairly economic and easy to wear 'soft' costumes that you could also consider, such as an Imperial Officer. They are great to 'wrangle' in (support the other troopers in armour or vision/movement impaired costumes, crowd control, fundraising duties, generally helping at events) and look very smart. We have a lot of them here. We're all here to help with advice, so don't be shy in asking! That's how we all got here!
Welcome to the Redbacks!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey chef i think i mite talked to you about building a boba fett over the weekend. Glad you could join up. We do have few Fetts in this garrison and i believe a few more on the way (including from myself). Its a hard build but if you have to go with your hearts desire i cant blame you. Feel free to send me a PM if you want a hand. Also Phantom has recently build a Boba Fett you may want to look at his build thread.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Thanks guys I will look into the next gathering. How do I go about purchase a redback garrison shirt.
have to become a full member first or be gifted one.

One of the rules we follow being allowed to use LucasArts intellectual property is it has to stay within the family or only be gifted away
DW2013 to DW2018
(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 08:16 PM)Chef Wrote:  Thanks guys I will look into the next gathering. How do I go about purchase a redback garrison shirt.

Although you can't purchase your own yet, if you are attending a troop as a wrangler you can ask someone if they can bring a support crew shirt for you to borrow Smile
Clones are cooler
Welcome, Chef!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

welcome!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13: