DC17 Animated Clone Blaster 3D Version
Hi Guys,

Since it looks like you have a few clones I thought this might be a good place to ask some sizing questions with regards to an Animated DC17 clone blaster I am designing for 3D printing.

This is what I did last night, but the sizes are just a guess.

[Image: Fullscreen+capture+8052013+73845+AM.bmp.jpg]

[Image: Fullscreen+capture+8052013+73946+AM.bmp.jpg]

I'd really love some feedback. This will mean we can produce these locally and not have to worry about importing and customs, as well I will make these models free for people to copy and use as they wish under an open source license.

The model will be uploaded here for free download: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:85569
thanks

April
Southern banking clan security engineer
whats the price and weight of these?
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
I haven't printed them yet beanie, I was hoping to just make them as accurate as I can first. Also, this wasn't meant to be a sale thread, but at a guess I could make these at $30 each, and the will be much lighter and stronger than resin.

Under this license you are welcome to copy them in resin etc if you wish, just as long as You also share and share alike.
well if you do make one up, let me know id be interested to know the weight i think it would be a good back up to the ones i got, plus i need to "dirty" mine up over the DW weekend i realised i was so weathered but my blaster were way to clean.
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Sounds good to have a few as back up after what happened to Garrett's DC17. Some tourist pulled it out of his holster and dropped it snapping it in half.
[Image: ReaperBannerB.jpg]
yeap, some thing happened to me, lucky i had my hand on the blaster and then i got my police hat on and told him off... he was not happy and quickly left. smart arsed bogan!
<p>
FNG
</p>
3D printed ABS plastic will be significantly stronger. you'd probably have to deliberately try to damage it to break them. I have made some 3D printed fragmentation grenades and I can throw them across a room with no issues.
I'm helping April out with this project, so that the ones we get made up will be the same size as the set I have now (pretty sure they'll be the same as Trauma's for you Reaper)
Using Resin is always going to run the risk of a snap if they drop, so I'm keen as to have an alternative (I'll still have a set of full weight Resins handy though, for the "real" feel)
I have a pair of woodchuck ones if you want me to take measurements on the weekend. Their size is pretty nice, bit bigger than the ones Garret has.
Clones are cooler
Ok, so thanks to garret, I have sized these accordingly. Much bigger than I thought they where.

[Image: Fullscreen+capture+9052013+71956+AM.bmp.jpg]

I have also made them so they have a hollow section inside. This will mean you could technically trick them out with electronics, or more to the point you could place fishing weights in strategic locations in the blaster to balance it so you can do the whole spinny gun thing rex and the clones do, without the fear that if these dropping and smashing into bits.

[Image: Fullscreen+capture+9052013+72322+AM.bmp.jpg]

here is the model on thingiverse in parts: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:85569
Looks awesome April.
Looks great so far mate. Need to make sure they aren't too big as they may not fit in some holster makes....

I would say the one you got from Garrett are about the norm.

Nice going to have them hollow? be great to fit in some pew pew lights hahahaha
[Image: ReaperBannerB.jpg]
April would I be able to bore a hole in the side of it somewhere to stick in a magnet?
Explanation: I have an animated Commander Cody which doesn't have any holsters, so I figure I could put a magnet in the belt and magnet in the gun and "stick" it to my belt when I'm not holding it.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Thursday 9-May-2013, 09:51 AM)Angelman Wrote:  Commander Cody which doesn't have any holsters

hahha i was looking at that over the weekend and i thought... DAMN that sucks, was gonna offer my blaster to you for the pics then u walked off. does he not have any type of holster at all? cause i can sell u mine if u want cause i got a new set
<p>
FNG
</p>
Cody carries a DC shorty, I loaned Michael mine but it's too heavy for him to carry, so most likely that'll be our next WIP once we get these pistols happening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLone Blaster Weathering Beanie 3 1,171 Sunday 12-May-2013, 01:05 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma
  Looking for plans DC-15 Long Animated version The Sniper 0 516 Monday 11-Feb-2013, 08:43 AM
Last Post: The Sniper