Hello
Hey, the name's Lyn. From the northside of brisbane out morayfield way. Been lurking here for a bit now and thought I'd say hi as I was looking into getting some armour.
Hi Stricken Lyn, but what armour?
Stromtrooper (clean or dirty) Tie Fighter, Snow Trooper? Clone trooper, Fett or Merc?
There are a few members around your area too - seems that the northside is building up there membership to have their own outpost...lol

Keep learking you will find the answers your looking for Smile
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Welcome to the Redbacks forums Lyn
(Tuesday 4-Jun-2013, 10:00 AM)SupaTrooper Wrote:  Hi Stricken Lyn, but what armour?
Stromtrooper (clean or dirty) Tie Fighter, Snow Trooper? Clone trooper, Fett or Merc?
There are a few members around your area too - seems that the northside is building up there membership to have their own outpost...lol

Keep learking you will find the answers your looking for Smile

The most recognizable one, Stormtrooper not sure on clean or dirty. Had a look through whitearmor.net and just deciding on which maker.
Ok well your lurking is doing well - remember this is an expensive hobby but if you are committed and take on the advice from fellow members you will look and fell like a million dollars when you are all done and trooping but it doesn't stop there Smile

Good luck
Welcome Stricken, Stormtroopers are great iconic characters, and we can never have too many of them, its great that you have been looking through white armour but before you actually buy anything come along to a troop and talk to the guys about their armour, as different types suit different body shapes.

Another option to get approved ( full member status )slightly quicker is to go for a soft costume like the Reserve Pilot or Rebel Fleet Trooper which can be done while waiting for armor to arrive and make.

Also don't be worried about asking questions it is always better to ask too many than not enough
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Stricken,

Your up my way Smile I'm just down at Ningi

Sounds like you already have your research hat on which is good to hear Smile

one of the first general questions your already seeing above is do you have a specific costume in mind? or do you first want to start trooping quickly e.g. soft costume and follow up with hard armour later?

Using myself as an example I wanted to do hard armour, but after wrangling at a troop I got impatient to get in more on the action so I did the Imperial Officer in black while still waiting for my armour pieces to be done.

Check the events page for any upcoming armour parties, this lets you see the kit in is raw form, have a handle, pick brains and generally see what you in for Smile. Another option is to come to one of our events and help out with wrangling (theres one coming up at the new Morayfield Woolworths at the end of the month)

Otherwise as you not that far flick me a PM and can arrange a visit over to my tip Smile

Also once you've met a full member we can get you bumped up to a super cadet which gives you a bit more access to the forums
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome to the Redbacks Lyn. Sounds like you have done a bit of research already and are on your way. If you have any questions just ask, we are a pretty friendly bunch.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Lyn, Welcome to the Redback Forums...

I am a Nice Clean White & Shiny TK Stormtrooper, because it's the best, coolest and most iconic character there is...!!! (in my humble opinion...) Wink

Your Journey has begun...

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 4-Jun-2013, 10:54 AM)Azrael Wrote:  I am a Nice Clean White & Shiny TK Stormtrooper, because it's the best, coolest and most iconic character there is...!!! (in my humble opinion...) Wink

<----------*Cough, Cough* Everyone loves the droid :P

Hi Lyn, and welcome!!!

I'm in your neck of the woods as well, in Wamuran. Looks like you have been researching well. If you want to see armour first hand, get yourself to an Armour Party (AP), they are held regularly, although, I don't think there are any locally coming up. They are usually posted up in the "Upcoming Events" section. We will be at the new Morayfield Woolies, near Spotlight on the 28th of July, for a Steve Irwin sausage sizzle. If you want to come visit and chat, or even help out that would be great.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

welcome!
Welcome Stricken, plenty of troops on the north side of town that can help you out and keep you on the dark side of the force.Hehehe
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Thanks for all the welcomes. Looking at getting an RS kit for now.
welcome and stay clean and mean, not soft and dirty on your TK build Wink haha

nothing quite like a shinning white stormtrooper that looks mint
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome Smile
BN12GCSN13:DW13: