Hi all
Hi!
I'm Kventin, I'm recently arrived to Australia. I'm from Russia and we have a huge Star Wars community in Russia, but it's really different one rather than here, in Australia.
I'd like to join to 501 Legion in Brisbane, and I really don't know how can I do that. I heard about equipment (sorry costume Smile ) but - how do you do it? And I have to buy some things like helmet - where can I buy it?

Also I'm very interesting to meet with fellows (members of this community) - is it common in Au - to come together time to time?

I'm just 8 months in Australia, all is new for me and I have a lot of questions. Smile
dobro pozhalovat!

Welcome to the Redbacks. Instruction for joining the 501st Legion can be found here:

http://501st.com.au/join-the-501st-legion/

You need a screen accurate 501st approvable costume to join the 501st Legion.

There is a list of what we call Costume Reference Lists or CRLs at the link below, that show the requirements for each costume.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

Did you have an idea of what sort of costume you would like to build?

We do have quite a few get togethers throughout the year, commonly known as Armour Parties or APs. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any planned at the moment but you can see all of our upcoming events by clicking on the "Events" link at the top of the page or the link below:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/events.php

Feel free to come along to one of our events, introduce yourself and check out some of the costumes.
Welcome to Brisbane Kventin. Where abouts in Russia did you come from?

Keep an eye on the events calender, to see where we'll be appearing next, so you can talk to us in the flesh.

Ken
Welcome Smile
Welcome to the Redbacks and welcome to Australia mate.
There are plenty of people here that can help you with whatever armour you wish to build.
Be sure to try and catch up with us at a Troop or an AP (Armour Part), where you can see how we build our various costumes first hand.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the Redback Forums Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome Kventin. Do you have any particular costume in mind ? there are a whole range of options for you to chose from there are the iconic stormtroopers through to some more obscure Crewman. There are advantages in both types of costume but in the end choose something that you like.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome mate,
You will find that everyone here is very helpful.
(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:11 PM)Bullant Wrote:  dobro pozhalovat!

Feel free to come along to one of our events, introduce yourself and check out some of the costumes.

Spasibo!

And thank you for links!

As I learn, if I'd like to join, first of all I need to build a costume. I'd like to have something like Model TC4365, but, as I hird, it cost nearly 1 200, I've just immigrate and it's to much to me now. However - my I create some Sith costume? I really don't like to be a Sith, anyway, probably now thats the best idea. May I be the unknown Sith? I mean not someone from SW films, just a Sith. Probably someone who was before Dart Mol. What do you fink about?

The nearest event will be at 13th of August. Wow, so soon...

Gooood. I'll come.

Thank you!

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:11 PM)muppet Wrote:  Welcome to Brisbane Kventin. Where abouts in Russia did you come from?

Keep an eye on the events calender, to see where we'll be appearing next, so you can talk to us in the flesh.

Ken

Thanks, Ken!

I'm from Kazan it's near from Moscow, nearly 1000km. It's really very close for Russia.

Tell me please, do you have in Au something like Role Games (as it call's in Russia) - thats when fans going together in costumes, take some storey as the begining point and start to akt, but not like we-selves, but like our characters. Doppeldaumen1
We create this Games in different formats from 9 hours to 3 days non-stop game Smile That's cool.

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:16 PM)JOker Wrote:  Welcome Smile

Hi, Joker! Wink

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:18 PM)Jaster Wrote:  There are plenty of people here that can help you with whatever armour you wish to build.
Be sure to try and catch up with us at a Troop or an AP (Armour Part), where you can see how we build our various costumes first hand.

Thank you! I love Australia and I realy like 501th.

Where can I find that's wonderful people? For creation armour. I have an expirience to make steel armour, but now I even don't know where I can buy tools in Brisban Smile

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:27 PM)Azrael Wrote:  Welcome to the Redback Forums Smile

Glad to see you, Azrael, at Dorn's Fist Legion, o shith, at Vaider's Fist Rolleyes

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:49 PM)stormraven Wrote:  Welcome Kventin. Do you have any particular costume in mind ? there are a whole range of options for you to chose from there are the iconic stormtroopers through to some more obscure Crewman. There are advantages in both types of costume but in the end choose something that you like.

M-m, you have a good signature - true Empire. Thanks for welcome.

About my costume - can you look at my answer above? I will be pretty glad about your opinion.

(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 04:41 PM)Greeny Wrote:  Welcome mate,
You will find that everyone here is very helpful.

Hi!
I belive that. We have to goin all together and rebuild this world by the New Order of the Emperor.

Rant
(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 09:56 PM)Kventin Teret Wrote:  
(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 03:11 PM)Bullant Wrote:  dobro pozhalovat!

Spasibo!

You are welcome, please forgive me if I haven't read your following posts correctly, your English is a lot better than my Russian Smile

Quote:However - my I create some Sith costume? I really don't like to be a Sith, anyway, probably now thats the best idea. May I be the unknown Sith? I mean not someone from SW films, just a Sith. Probably someone who was before Dart Mol. What do you fink about?

If you are asking if you can just create a "generic" Sith then the answer is no. An approvable costume has to one from the CRLs.

It is possible to get new costumes added (from the Expanded Universes, games, comics etc) but there is a complex process for this and it requires a minimum of three different reference shots/photos/pictures of the costume as a starting point.
(Monday 5-Aug-2013, 10:50 PM)Bullant Wrote:  It is possible to get new costumes added (from the Expanded Universes, games, comics etc) but there is a complex process for this and it requires a minimum of three different reference shots/photos/pictures of the costume as a starting point.

Look, I mean, It's not fun than in one event gathering 3 Vaders Aaaah So can I create Anakin's costume but take another one name and create a legend for this name.

The Clone Army of Siths looks really terrible Yuk
Welcome Kventin,
I realise from your posts that you're interested in a Custom Sith, but as a 501st Costume has to be approved the following link may be of interest to you. Jaster is one of our members who is building Sith Lord Aldras, and these Acolyte masks allow a little customization so that may suit your flair http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4285.html

Good luck with your decision and I look forward to meeting you at a troop or ap in future.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Wednesday 7-Aug-2013, 12:16 AM)BIDS Wrote:  Welcome Kventin,
I realise from your posts that you're interested in a Custom Sith, but as a 501st Costume has to be approved the following link may be of interest to you. Jaster is one of our members who is building Sith Lord Aldras, and these Acolyte masks allow a little customization so that may suit your flair http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4285.html

Good luck with your decision and I look forward to meeting you at a troop or ap in future.

Cheers
Craig

Hi! Actually I'd like to make TK and Sith costume just for begining becouse that's quite simple. Except saber and boots, and gloves Smile I've already bought a fabric for that.

Link what you gave me - just "wow". Look forward to doing something like that in future.

Thank you!

P.S. That's will be great to meet you guys.