The cventa. Need advice.
Cventa - thats how in Russia we call the history of creation character. That's elfish word, from Tolkien, because all our fans communites starts from Tolkien. I don't know what term do you usually used, so call it cventa.

So, about my cventa. I have to make Sith.

1. Can I make Sith character to join to the 501th, but, then I will be able, chenge him on a Storm Trooper?

2. In Lukas book "The Jedi Path" I found a lot of unknown Siths in their dark dresses (pages #9,10, 69, 147) - now, may I create one of that clothes and add name and cventa for that unknown Sith?
I'd like to start to create my costume as soon as possible, so - I await your advices. Notworthy

3. I know, my English is not the best, so if someone suffers a lot to read that - don't be shy to correct me Wink
(Tuesday 6-Aug-2013, 11:29 AM)Kventin Teret Wrote:  1. Can I make Sith character to join to the 501th, but, then I will be able, chenge him on a Storm Trooper?

You can have multiple approved costumes, some of our members have 15 or more!

Quote:2. In Lukas book "The Jedi Path" I found a lot of unknown Siths in their dark dresses (pages #9,10, 69, 147) - now, may I create one of that clothes and add name and cventa for that unknown Sith?
I'd like to start to create my costume as soon as possible, so - I await your advices. Notworthy

As I replied in your other thread, you can only be approved with a costume that is listed on the CRLs, unless you want to go through the process of getting a new costume added which can be complex and time consuming. You will need 3 different source images as a starting point. Your best bet would definitely be to attempt one of the existing costumes first.

If money is an issue then you might want to look at an Imperial Officer.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...icer_black

The costume can be purchased from here:
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial...rsion.html

The boots can be purchased from horseland
The belt and hat greeblie can be purchased from our very own muppet
The cap can be purchased from our member SideshowMel
There are a couple of sources for the rank badge and code cylinders
I dont think you can make a sith in to a Stormtrooper (more commonly called a TK) but there is nothing to stop you from doing a Sith first and a TK later on. I started with an imperial officer first and then made my stormtrooper giving me two approved costumes and hope to have money soon to start ordering the parts for my third

As for what Sith can you do to be approved... I would start looking at the Costume Resource Library first (CRL) at http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL specifically the Sith Lord and the Flagship Eclipse detachments

and beaten by Bullant again Smile lol
DW2013 to DW2018
It is a privilege to be in the 501st and while it is a volunteer organisation full of Star Wars fans, you have to spend money on the costume you want to make and then go through the process of getting it approved to movie accurate level. A panel of members will assess your costume and decide if its acceptable or needs to be modified. This takes time. There is a lot to know and learn and folk here will help but you will have to research what you want to do and make sure it is an approvable costume, the members above have given you a lot of information already.
A quick costume/guide summary:
A jawa costs between $200-500 depending on the quality of what you make/buy and what you add on like blasters and droid callers.
An Imperial Officer costume costs from about $500+ depending again on the quality of what you buy/make and what extras you add, like proper leather boots, gun holster etc etc.
Armour like a TK can cost from about $1,200 up depending on the supplier, shipping etc (shipping to Aus is very expensive)
A Vader or Boba Fett costumes costs thousands as well as a lot of money per year on the maintenance of them.
(Tuesday 6-Aug-2013, 11:45 AM)Bullant Wrote:  The costume can be purchased from here:
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial...rsion.html

The boots can be purchased from horseland
The belt and hat greeblie can be purchased from our very own muppet
The cap can be purchased from our member SideshowMel
There are a couple of sources for the rank badge and code cylinders

Yes, I see. Thank you.
Unfortunately the uniform of the Imperial Officer kills my sense of beauty. Anyway thank you!

I'll take one of Sith costums from databank/Costuming, your right. And I belive I'll learn more about this community on 13th of August, on event.
However - may I sew the costume by myself? Or I have to buy it on http://cosplaysky.com? I prefer handmade stuff Smile
Well a few of us have Officer costumes and they look very good.

You can certainly make it yourself or have someone make it for you, but it must satisfy the conditions of the Costume Reference Library to be approved. You need to research what is required, they can be both specific and generic requirements, from a type and colour of material to the length of a robe to the material for boots right down to button sizes....
(Tuesday 6-Aug-2013, 12:36 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  It is a privilege to be in the 501st and while it is a volunteer organisation full of Star Wars fans, you have to spend money on the costume you want to make and then go through the process of getting it approved to movie accurate level. A panel of members will assess your costume and decide if its acceptable or needs to be modified.

If something is hard to do that's not the point for me to stop doing that.
"Russian do not give up" (с) Jig

About Officer's costume - I'm sure it suit's fantastically for someone, but I'm afraid not for me... But let's see. Anyway, I suppose, it's better to come on event and look there first. I think I can understand your community better after that.

Tell me please - where do you get guns, sabers and other weapons?

(Tuesday 6-Aug-2013, 11:47 AM)Duras Wrote:  I dont think you can make a sith in to a Stormtrooper (more commonly called a TK) but there is nothing to stop you from doing a Sith first and a TK later on. I started with an imperial officer first and then made my stormtrooper giving me two approved costumes and hope to have money soon to start ordering the parts for my third

As for what Sith can you do to be approved... I would start looking at the Costume Resource Library first (CRL) at http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL specifically the Sith Lord and the Flagship Eclipse detachments

and beaten by Bullant again Smile lol

Ok. I'll remember that I can ask you about how can I make an imperial officer Wink
Sabers are normally i believe purchased from places that make them like ultrasabers.com

blasters there are two options (three if you import but customs can be funny about it sometimes)
1. modify a toy blaster if one exists and you can get hold of it... e.g. Hasbro make a Stormtrooper e-11 blaster which can be fairly easily modified with a kit from doopydoos.com. This gives you a cheap but good looking blaster that has light and sound.

2. build either from scratch or a pipe build using a kit from doopydoos again or someone else that makes them
DW2013 to DW2018
Who can explain this to me:
on a picture tunic has different colours - http://www.501st.com/databank/File:SL_anakin_inner.jpeg
but there are nothing about it in the text - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...rmor_vader

So, what have I to do???

(Tuesday 6-Aug-2013, 02:50 PM)Duras Wrote:  1. modify a toy blaster if one exists and you can get hold of it... e.g. Hasbro
2. build either from scratch or a pipe build using a kit from doopydoos again or someone else that makes them

I have just amasing photo of handmade weapon what we did, but I don't know how can I send it to you.

About sabers that's the shith Sad
I don't understand about length of Anakin cloth tabards (http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...rmor_vader). AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAA. I start to sew, but... could anyone explain it to me?

Thanks!

The question is gone, I understood all about it!
Hey Kventin the tabards length is kept vague as they are meant to be proportional is size to the wearer.

You may find some information in this build thread http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-397...light=awoo
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
The next one stupid question. Smile

Guys, as I understand, when you in costume and on event, you try to represent yourself like your character, isn't it?
What does it mean? You call each other character's names, try to tallk like your characters with a logic of your characters, ya? No? Smile
Or you just wear an armor and do all as in ussual life??

Thanks! Smile
Yes we keep in character. No we don't generally refer to each other by our characters names, except for Vader who normally gets referred to as Lord Vader as you would expect ... A lot of people don't speak at all while in costume, particularly those with helmets. It is really up to the individual. The most important thing is that we don't spoil the illusion for children who still believe that we are real. So no taking of your helmet to speak on your mobile (actually no taking of your helmet at all), no eating in costume etc.

When you come along to one of our events you will see how it all works.
We troop for kids big and small, to make sick children smile, to wow them with our costumes, promote Star Wars and collect for charity, fund raise and raise awareness for causes in our costumes ... We keep in character for this end, it's not an ego trip or to big note ourselves.. Well it shouldn't be. People troop for different reasons, hopefully they are altruistic.
Funny guys. Good.

Next couple questions.

1. As I saw on a photo, time to time events come not only for children, sometimes for adults. You still try to be un character with adults?

2. Now I'm going to make Anakin's costume, but Anakin... let me find politically correct word... not very good character. And is not too much sensitive and friendly with children, how I belive. So, what can do anyone in Anakin's costume (espesially with his red eyes) on a children event?
If I will act like Anakin ... it may scare children. No?

3. The summer is coming, I expect how it to wear a costume. I hope all events usually placed under the roof and with conditioner, ya? Smile

Rebelrach,
I have an experience in volunteering for children. More than year I worked 3 or 2 time per week, each week in internat for young law's offenders from 9 to 14 years. I was a chef of volunteering group. We was a psychologist's support team. I stopped the volunteering just because I had to go.

By the end - I can't wait to meet with you, guys! Smile